SOTW 1.0.87 - Bad Blood DLC

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Troyen
Elder Druid

Re: SOTW 1.0.8.4 - Bad Blood DLC beta

Post by Troyen »

It feels like the Ninim volunteers have a little bit too low Magic on Nightmare (or maybe in general).
Spoiler:
My volunteers at level 25 have 17 magic. The guard has 73. The gnolls have 100. The gnoll shaman has 234.

The opening round of Riley's wave (saving the council) usually goes 263 Ice Spike followed by a bomb which KOs a volunteer before I even get a turn. Not every time, I can keep restarting six or seven times until they do something else, but it does seem a pretty stark difference.

I have the Palisade buff, my Guard has Defend up, and I still lose a full HP guard (and also a volunteer in the back row with the defense bonus) in a single wave of Gnoll attacks. Without the Palisade, this would be an absolute horrible nightmare, though I bet fabula could do it.

Also, Vaelis' Finishing Blow can't be used on targets above 30% HP but the Gnolls can spam it on my full HP characters?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah yes maybe will raise those poor volunteers magic resistance a bit :) I want to hear more feedback from other nightmare players first but I'll surely raise the value on next update.
Regarding the skill, you confused it with another one, the "Final Blow". The Finishing Blow one is the one that "Strikes single target, damage is inversely proportional to the target's HP: less damage if the HP is high, more damage if the HP is low. Doesn't work on boss enemies."
So it can be used in any condition. I can understand the confusion though since names are quite similar!
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

End of the DLC notes:
Spoiler:
The music bug is back. I repeatedly don't get music on waves 2-4 of the gnolls, but it comes back for the boss fight. :(

I'm sure it's supposed to be easier to kill the council than to save them, but there is a HUGE difference in difficulty. I had party members die during the boss fight with the council dead, but it was much more doable than the one party + weakling volunteer battles. (By the way, what about just giving two Guards instead of one when the council is alive? Having four characters that are mostly effective at shooting arrows seems odd.)

I'll let some of the other nightmare players comment on the living council route, but I'm not really inclined to spend more hours on it. Maybe if my Riley had Ghost Form, but I struggled the one time I got to Krimm's as well.

Weird note: when Althea asks Jariel about how his writing is going and if he wrote it all, I noticed she's carrying her sword. Perhaps she really doesn't want him to write about Rowinda? ;) (It's also a little weird for him to carry his harp thing when he's writing.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK will add another "normal" guard, make sense. I thought too might have been too hard, but I don't play Nightmare mode :mrgreen: Also maybe with higher magic resistance even the volunteers will be more than "cannon fodder" :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: SOTW 1.0.8.5 - Bad Blood DLC beta

Post by jack1974 »

I made the update to tweak the final battle. Note that on my site the previous one, 1.0.8.4 is the live version. I'll tweak a bit more here the battles for the Nightmare mode, but are just minor tweaks. I don't plan to make any big changes to this game anymore :)
Calimachus
Young scout

Post by Calimachus »

Bug in Epilogue
Spoiler:
I romanced Chalassa and chose to kill Rowinda, who jumped into the lava.
But in the final talk of our lovebirds, it looked like Chalassa killed Rowinda as well after she tells Althea about killing a friend and finding out that the world keeps turning.
Last edited by Calimachus on Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

Calimachus wrote:Bug in Epilogue

I romanced Chalassa and chose to kill Rowinda, who jumped into the lava.
But in the final talk of our lovebirds, it looked like Chalassa killed Rowinda as well after she tells Althea about killing a friend and finding out that the world keeps turning.
Yup, that sounds like a bug. Does Althea say the "I hope it does" part twice in the conversation? In that case, that may have been a misunderstanding between me and Jack.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Are you sure?
Spoiler:
I just checked and there is only one variable associated with that possibility (Althea killing Rowinda), and in the final part I check that one if is true/false. I really don't think it's possible.
p.s. remember to use spoilers :)
Calimachus
Young scout

Post by Calimachus »

Taleweaver wrote
Yup, that sounds like a bug. Does Althea say the "I hope it does" part twice in the conversation? In that case, that may have been a misunderstanding between me and Jack.

Yes, she says 'I hope you're right, my love. I hope you're right' twice.
Spoiler:
I see the final CG and then suddenly Chalassa is in front of the picture and the conversation continues with Chalassa telling how she had to choose. And then the final CG is in front again.
I can send you the save file if you like.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah nevermind I found it, actually is noticeable because of the graphic bug :lol:
I just quickly played it myself thanks. Will fix it. In practice this last part doesn't need to play, everything else before is OK :)