A thought about Chalassa

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Troyen
Elder Druid

Re: A thought about Chalassa

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote:More games about the twins in specific I doubt too, since because of the multiple ending/canon stuff is always hard to do such games (no matter what you do, people are unhappy, so is better to start fresh). The twins and other characters from SOTW could make appearances in other games and for all I would assume a "canon ending", or simply before SOTW events (like Vaelis might show up in a game when he was a mercenary for example).
What about Loren 3 where the twins join up with Saren/Elenor and you can carry over any of your previous romances all together plus double the new characters? Most epic romance adventure ever with 57 unique endings!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

:lol: well, we could shorten the amount of writing/CG scenes including threesomes and gangbangs... :mrgreen:
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

jack1974 wrote::lol: well, we could shorten the amount of writing/CG scenes including threesomes and gangbangs... :mrgreen:
It would appear that I have been missing a lot by not buying more of Jack's games. :wink:
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
weaselton
Young scout

Post by weaselton »

jack1974 wrote:More games about the twins in specific I doubt too, since because of the multiple ending/canon stuff is always hard to do such games (no matter what you do, people are unhappy, so is better to start fresh). The twins and other characters from SOTW could make appearances in other games and for all I would assume a "canon ending", or simply before SOTW events (like Vaelis might show up in a game when he was a mercenary for example).
One day I hope you re-assess this since in my opinion this game, and it's characters deserve more exploration. I rarely get hooked on games these days. In the past two years I can count the number of games that really grabbed my attention on one hand. And four of them are from your company. I see your situation with the multiple ending issue that the Dragon Age series is going through. Eventually if you want to keep making stories in the same setting a choice has to be made as to what occurred. (at least if you want to use the same characters and a direct follow-up.) You did exceptionally well with Bad Blood and the file save continuation.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks :) yes probably I'll just pick a canon ending and move forward. With Loren 2 and PS2 I think I listened a bit too much to fans, so kept all the original characters and romances, and was a mess :lol:
Bad blood went OK but is also a smaller game, keeping all possible choices is very hard (I mean writing scenes that take into account all the possible changes in the story) so yes if I make another game I'll just use some canon endings regarding the major plot decisions! :)
weaselton
Young scout

Post by weaselton »

I know the way the dev's behind Infamous second son made the choice as to what the canon ending to infamous 2 was, to see the data on which ending was the most commonly chosen one.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Interesting. While I don't have access to it for my games myself, I could check Steam achievements and see for example which is the most popular romance unlocked. That should give me an idea of what players liked more :)
weaselton
Young scout

Post by weaselton »

Steam achievements and a good old fashioned poll on your forums would be good ways to get a reasonable guess.
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

Personnaly I'm pretty sure that no one will care about canon ending as long as you don't choose a canon romance :lol: .
I think that all you need to please the fans is to acknowledge their romance choice (even for one scene only),

For exemple you can do something like TOS2, where you learn that the hero of the first game travel with his closest "friend" at the end of the 1st game(the 1st has different scene at the end in fonction of who is the closest to the hero), the hero of the first game(Lloyd) ask the hero of 2nd game(Emil) who does he thinks he travel with, no matter who you answer Lloyd will say that Emil guess right and later you have one scene between Lloyd and the character that was chosen.

It's not a lot but it's enough to please.

You can make a game with a SOTW LI has a side character who help for a few scene, the MC see from afar the LI with someone describe has a snow elf, later the LI say that he/she is waiting for someone then the MC can ask if he/she's waiting for :

"the snow elf boy with you the other day" or "the snow elf girl with you the other day".

the LI will yes no matter the choice will they that the elf is someone dear to him/her and you can ask if he/she mean that they lovers, if you ask the LI will they yes if you choose the correct twin earlier , in the others case the LI will say that the twin is just a dear friend.

People who played SOTW will understand and choose what they want and for the people who didn't will not really care about it, and that is just 4 different variation of a single scene so it not "a lot" of work.
weaselton
Young scout

Post by weaselton »

Exizel wrote:Personnaly I'm pretty sure that no one will care about canon ending as long as you don't choose a canon romance :lol: .
I think that all you need to please the fans is to acknowledge their romance choice (even for one scene only),

For exemple you can do something like TOS2, where you learn that the hero of the first game travel with his closest "friend" at the end of the 1st game(the 1st has different scene at the end in fonction of who is the closest to the hero), the hero of the first game(Lloyd) ask the hero of 2nd game(Emil) who does he thinks he travel with, no matter who you answer Lloyd will say that Emil guess right and later you have one scene between Lloyd and the character that was chosen.

It's not a lot but it's enough to please.

You can make a game with a SOTW LI has a side character who help for a few scene, the MC see from afar the LI with someone describe has a snow elf, later the LI say that he/she is waiting for someone then the MC can ask if he/she's waiting for :

"the snow elf boy with you the other day" or "the snow elf girl with you the other day".

the LI will yes no matter the choice will they that the elf is someone dear to him/her and you can ask if he/she mean that they lovers, if you ask the LI will they yes if you choose the correct twin earlier , in the others case the LI will say that the twin is just a dear friend.

People who played SOTW will understand and choose what they want and for the people who didn't will not really care about it, and that is just 4 different variation of a single scene so it not "a lot" of work.
This is another great avenue to pursue to accommodate moving the plot along and keeping the various fans happy.

I also personally liked the route taken in Heileen 2 where you had the game start with a setting that did not actually fit any of the three endings of the first one, but managed to get the set up going.