Krimm's voice

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Krimm's voice

Post by jack1974 »

The VA who did Krimm contacted me asking if she could put some lines online:
https://soundcloud.com/adoxtalks/sotw-krimm

she voiced just the first lines of Krimm in the story. Rofl hearing her screaming "Riley!" is scary :o
ValHallen
Druid

Re: Krimm's voice

Post by ValHallen »

She could have voiced the romance scene and the ending.
How lovely would be hearing Krimm say "he is mine" or "I dont believe she tried to take you away from me" <3
And its nice to hear something else than screams from her :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes indeed. I am planning to make PSCD entirely voiced if will be possible :)
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

Fun :) .
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

jack1974 wrote:Yes indeed. I am planning to make PSCD entirely voiced if will be possible :)
Thats wonderful news! *_____________*

But, on other note, if it is possible, voicing only the romance ending would be neat! I'm in love with Krimm's voice! :oops:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Heh the thing is, if I had to add extra voices, it make more sense to add them to Loren :mrgreen:
Voicing only certain cutscenes is another option I've considered though I'm unsure if it would look weird ? I mean all the game unvoiced and then during some cutscenes, voice. Personally I think that the final scene of act3 when Krimm tells the truth about her tribe would be really good to be voiced, but...
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

jack1974 wrote:Heh the thing is, if I had to add extra voices, it make more sense to add them to Loren :mrgreen:
Voicing only certain cutscenes is another option I've considered though I'm unsure if it would look weird ? I mean all the game unvoiced and then during some cutscenes, voice. Personally I think that the final scene of act3 when Krimm tells the truth about her tribe would be really good to be voiced, but...
Not really, Baldur's Gate I and Baldur's Gate II did this and it was ok. I think it depends how it is done. :oops:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

It depends. A number of games do some voicing at the beginning and then later during crucial scenes. I think if there was no voicing until all of a sudden near the end of the game, that might seem a little odd (people wouldn't expect their computers to start talking to them), but a little sprinkled here and there would remedy that.
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Heh, I'm a (fast) reader and come from a land of subtitles and very few dubs (thank heavens), so if any of your games will be fully voiced, I hope there'll be a mute option to the voice over only. As I quite like the soundscapes of your games, I'd like to be able to keep all other sounds on, including voiced battle comments, but not the lines read aloud. Lol, this would mean a 4th slider in the preferences, though, as you already have sliders for music, sounds and battle. :P Having the text read to me is something I find extremely irritating. The only game where I've actually liked having a voiceover is Yo-Jin-Bo as the actors speak Japanese and the text is in English...so that's like watching a subtitled tvshow.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Yeah, I'm the same, but I'm usually done reading fast enough that the voiceovers are nothing but a syllable or two and I tune them out after a while.