Steam feedback

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Steam feedback

Post by jack1974 »

I've been reading a bit of feedback on Steam, and I'm having fun. Comments like:
characters to romance kinda suck
Rest of the game is great but the romance options kinda suck but really the rest of the game has bin awesome alot of fun to play
:mrgreen:
but also many others:
Im playing on hard difficulty. Overall i like this game. Step in right direction. WW stated that this game not a vn with focus on romance but a rpg with few elements. They are mistaken. We not talking about useless cheap hentai vn which made purely to grab some cash.
Season of the wolf is how proper VN look like. Loren have strange obsession on flirting and puting romance before story. Cheesy dialogs and to much of sexy outfists.
Season of the Wolf follow pattern of grand VN. You have a story, gameplay. Characters that not just another partner but a real person relevant to story. And Romances as addition to that.
well, is a bit disheartening to see how poorly SOTW is doing and how well the other... "useless cheap hentai vn which made purely to grab some cash" :lol: :lol:
But is easy to be deviated from the path to glory! I must stand strong in my journey of making glorious RPGs without falling in the cheesy romances/cheap hentai trap! 8)
Taleweaver
Official writer

Re: Steam feedback

Post by Taleweaver »

Interesting.

That only goes to show that you can't please everybody, but you can damn well try and go please a crowd, a.k.a. the Michael Bay method.

Strangely, my writing for Bionic Heart 2 has been criticized as Michael-Bay-ish. Apparently, SotW doesn't fall in the same category.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes for sure you can't please everyone :) and I am really sure that the abysmal low SOTW sales are due mostly to the new Steam layout and not the game itself. Anyway luckily I had good direct sales, because if I had to live only with the current Steam sales (it won't get better for sure than it's now), I would need to stop making games like SOTW completely because wouldn't be worth my time :shock:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I just saw that the same person complaining about the romances also added:
we have all typs of sex gay and many more but for some reason incest is crossing the line kinda stupid so yeah wish you could romance Althea. thats my only problem with the game rest of the game is amazingly fun.
:o
For the record I wouldn't have problem with incest in a story IN GENERAL (there are many good movies/books based on that), but still is not something I'd dare to add in one of my games... too risky! :oops: besides there's already plenty of that in the japanese VN market :lol:
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Lol, I definitely prefer it without incest. :P

Tried to type a review on Steam, but it seems that a sorry-ass tester (even with access to full game there) like moi gets served with the following error when I hit 'Post Review'
"To review this product, you must have a non-limited Steam account."

Ya think they should've told me that before I wasted my time on their incredibly laggy type-review text box? :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah lol that's a weird error! probably they're trying to filter for people who have a lot of games? not sure... maybe you can just type the review in the community if you want (but is not a problem).
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Twincest even. Let's not go there. Really.
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

pls no incest...
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

Hey - why not make Althea/Shea the canon pairing for those DLC players who failed to get another romance in the main game?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The real canon ending is Shea & Althea doing a gangbang with Vaelis and Rowinda. Truly the canon ending! :mrgreen: