What did I do wrong?

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: What did I do wrong?

Post by jack1974 »

Maelora wrote: As it is, I enjoyed this game more than Dragon Age Inquisition.
Wow. Uhm, are you sure? :o it's a big compliment, you know!! :lol:
Maelora
Woods ranger

Post by Maelora »

Dragon Age 2 and 3 aren't as good as they think they are. Inquisition really is quite dull after a while. I've been forcing myself to try and complete it, but I get bored and go back to Loren or SotW... or Origins or Baldur's Gate. Y'know, proper games :)

If I was to pick my 6 favourite games ever, in no particular order, I'd choose:

Planescape Torment
Loren Amazon Princess
Dragon Age Origins
the original Mass Effect
Fallout New Vegas
Final Fantasy X2

Also honourable mention would go to:

Baldur's Gate 1 & 2
Fallout 1 - 3
Ultima VI, Savage Empire, Martian Dreams
Bard's Tale 1-3
Final Fantasy V, VI, and X
Silent Hill 1-3
Wizardry 7
Seasons of the Wolf/Planet Stronghold
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Maelora wrote:Final Fantasy X2
:shock:
Maelora
Woods ranger

Post by Maelora »

Why not FFX2?
It's 'Final Fantasy for girls' just as FFXII is 'Final Fantasy for grown-ups'.

It's also the closest FF will ever get to an actual western RPG, with it's non-linear plot and multiple endings.

Also, it saved my life, but that's another story.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

As crazy as it seems, I never played any FF game except FF7. At least I think I played one of the best ones, from what I heard on the net :mrgreen:
Matenshi
Young scout

Post by Matenshi »

Final Fantasy X-2 is one of the most underrated games ever, in my opinion. (Along with another hidden gem from Square, The Last Remnant. Only the PC version, though.)

Most of the people who hate on it seem to do so because "eww girls" and/or they saw the opening and claimed that Yuna was out of character in the game. If you actually play the game you see that isn't the case.
Spoiler:
It wasn't even Yuna in the opening, anyway.
The battle system is the best in the entire series. It took everything great about the previous games and added its own flair. You had the ATB system from IV through IX, you had the job system from III, V and Tactics, battle position mattered like in Tactics, you could switch jobs mid-battle, you could chain attacks, characters interacted realistically (so for example a ranged character could land their attack on a melee character first even if the latter selected the command beforehand, as long as you timed it correctly)... You even had witty banter between the characters during fights.* It's truly an evolved version of the series, whereas later games don't even feel like Final Fantasy anymore.

*My favorite general one I can remember off-hand is where Yuna and Paine are discussing/arguing about something, and Rikku goes "Less talky, more fighty!"
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

I don't like it because of the dialogue. I got the remaster recently so I was playing through that (since my first time I ended with 99.6%) and there were a lot of lines that made me wince. True of many Japanese games, but especially so in FFX-2 (like pretty much any scene with Brother).

There were other things to like, such as the music and the battle system (though I don't like the job system in general) and that mid-game concert, but I usually play games for the story. Which is probably why I enjoyed FFXIII the most, despite being linear.
RaiDai
Young scout

Post by RaiDai »

Back on topic, is there a specific time in chapter 3 when the quest appears? I got he CG, but see no new blue arrow in the harbor
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The arrow is red, on bottom-left corner
RaiDai
Young scout

Post by RaiDai »

Werid--I'm still not seeing it. Just the two shops, the Albatross, and the return to main town arrow after the CG.

I did notice that I got the CG apparently with only 4 hearts and not 5. Would that lock me out? I'd like to get the sidequest before I get too far into wrapping up the season.