To all who finished the game...

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Sylrissa
Druid

Re: To all who finished the game...

Post by Sylrissa »

iWeasle wrote:"Not everyone might live through it all"? No matter what you do jack, I'll find a way to save Chalassa :mrgreen: !
Agreed!
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

In Soviet Russia, Chalassa saves you.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lol, I have a new role in production: saving main characters from dying in the story by "evil" writer's hands :lol:
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

Lol, we wuv u jack :lol: .
And even if you tried to kill Chalassa, I still wuv u2 Taleweaver :mrgreen: .
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

I can't kill her AGAIN, now can I?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Chalassa acquired a new Trait: Immunity to writers secret death plots :mrgreen:
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

Death isn't the worst thing I can do to her, trust me...
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Taleweaver wrote:Death isn't the worst thing I can do to her, trust me...
And now I picture her in a cameo in Indy and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ;)
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

Too cruel :o !
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Here are what I think about thus game:

Overall: there is too little history, the game is full of annoying battle, its battle after battle, and when the battle is over the characters says two or 3 lines and we go to another battle. I hated the fact that the player dont advance the history in its own pace, the game force you to advance, it should be the player decision to go on or to explore more.

Act 1: It was a ok setup to the game, neither good or bad.

Act 2: Dingirra is a very interesting city, I would like to get know more about its culture, about the 4 families, to know more about the city history, but unfortunetely these things arent explored in the game, you never get to know any member of the families, who Rafik really is, etc...
The flashback were very interesting, Krimm really fooled me in believing her, but the story was so linear, the only choice you have is what family you have to serve, and there is no story behind it, just a fetch quest and more combat.
The escapade was nice ending to the act.

Act 3: Well you could cut the entire Act3 and the story would still make sense, it was only a bunch of boring side quest with countless battles, with the exception of the
last quest.Does it change based on who you are romacing? Because its make no sense to the Sabertooth Stalker tribe to spread rumors that they are from a place they never heard about, but I really liked this quest.

Act 4: Its has a filler start, you could scrap the Centaurs and the Minotaur and nothing would be lost. Its a very short act, I defetead Rafik and the Spirit Bear (someone can tell me what was the third quest?) and its was over, but at least no unecessary battles. I liked Chalassa's betrayal at the ending, I shame I couldnt do not to help her.

Character: The small amount of characters really help this game,they all interact with one another, but they relationship with Shea really suffer because you need to choose to who you will talk. It should be removed, the game really need more story content, not less.
And like Loren if you dont romance the character, you dont get to really know the character, I think its a bad design, so since I dont want to play a gay character or play as Althea i cant know Chalassa, Jariel and RIley better, and the fact that Rowinda/Vaelis can unlock a skill if I talk to them, its push me away from them even more.

Shea: He is boring, he has no flaw beyond innocence and trusting too much, he is a goody two shoes, a Mary Sue. The only suffering he has in his life in handwaved, he felt betrayed by his father,his sister and the Council, and he forgive them instantly, I mean serisously? I couldnt belive in the epilogue, "he wanted to be a caring father like Morran", what kind of father would do to him what he did? And why he wanted to save the city that betrayed him and left him be a slave? I wanted to go back to Nimin to punch Morran and sell him and the Council to Dingirra. I hope in the DlC he can have a character development intead of being a boring character.

Althea: Why she is in the game beyond Act 1? Seriously, you cant talk to her about anithing, Shea forgive her too fast (her betrayal shouldnt be handwaved like it was, no relationship could go back to how it was after this), there is no development in their relantionship, you can cut her from Act 2-3-4 and she wouldnt be missed.

Vaelis: I really liked him, he felt more like a father than Morran, his life as a mercenary made him even better, he was flawed and I liked it.

Rowinda: I liked her jokes about volcanno, unfortunately I couldnt know her more since I choose Krimm and Vaelis, but I would like to know more more about her goal to be a child forever, her past, if she is more than comic relief.

Chalassa: She is very interesting, wanted to know more about the Bloodskin, about her about her involvement with the Empire,even help her. but I can do it only if I play as Althe and romance, and I dont feel replaying this game =/

Jariel: He was a nice guy, and its the only thing I know about him, another character I couldnt know more because of the limitations of the game, sigh....

RIley: I really disliked the guy, but I liked that he was a coward and ambitious, made him like a real person and a coward character is difficult to see in games.

Krimm: She really fooled me, but her lie made her soo more interesting, when she was at the bottom of her life she ploted vengeance against the Sabertooth Stalker to regain her honor, what she did was depicable (Altiff shouldnt forgive her so easily), she was bloodthirst, headstrong, and all her flaws made her more real, it made her not want to repeat her past mistake, made her a loyal to her new tribe, made her want to become someone better, she had a wonderfull character development.
Her romance start was really fast, they were saying "I love you" really quickly, but I liked her interaction with Shea, speacially "he is mine" when talking to Morran, I really want to know how Shea and her relationship has evolved, and how motherhood has changed her (and shouldnt their child be a half-elf like Draco?).