Final act beta! SOTW 1.0

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Final act beta! SOTW 0.9.5

Post by jack1974 »

I think the prediction is OK, since even in other cases will show more than the target's actual HP. The text though isn't, I'm going to fix that.
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Re: Final act beta! SOTW 0.9.4

Post by fabulaparva »

Franka wrote:I managed to finish Act IV in 13 fights. It could have been 12 if I was romancing a certain someone. Althea was used in every possible fight, and ended up at lv17. Highest level in the party was 20. That was fun.
Speaking of which: Autolevel option to level 21 on EASY/NORMAL in the beginning of Act IV is way too high in my opinion. Wouldn't 19 be enough?
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote:I think the prediction is OK, since even in other cases will show more than the target's actual HP. The text though isn't, I'm going to fix that.
No, the prediction is fine. The animation that plays when actually doing damage shows the overkill damage, not the actual damage or the total damage. E.g. I'd expect it to show "180" (what the prediction said) when it does the damage animation but it shows 120 (the overkill damage).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK for now I've fixed the damage displayed in the log. I'll check that other later, since to fix that I need to do a global change, and those are always risky :)
Today also got the last tilesets, though for SOTW I'm going to add only this:
a haunted lighthouse in the crab area west of Shacklesplit in act3, just to offer some extra grinding (even if probably isn't necessary). Also got the "treehouse" background for act4! Art-wise I'm only missing the
Spoiler:
destroyed Ninim background
even if I'm not sure is REALLY necessary (but I could reuse it for other games though).
fabulaparva wrote:Speaking of which: Autolevel option to level 21 on EASY/NORMAL in the beginning of Act IV is way too high in my opinion. Wouldn't 19 be enough?
Not sure, I think for Easy/Normal players that could be the right level ? I'll wait for more opinions before changing this :)
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Re: Final act beta! SOTW 0.9.6

Post by fabulaparva »

Regarding the missing background ... After all that "stuff" happens, while not absolutely necessary, I think that background would be really beneficial to have there... The "status-quo" background that is there now doesn't quite work... It would also be an extra incentive to choose that bloody path. :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes artist is already working on it :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Well, the pixie fight is a little tougher than before. Fight itself is still pretty easy...but those SP draining attacks are mean! Especially when combined with the other bosses (since I don't think you can rest until done).

I'm trying out the new haunted lighthouse and Wraith C just buffed Wraith A with Default. Looks kind of like Ghost Form, but the tooltip definitely says Default.

I used a Paralyze Potion on Deceit. The combat log clearly states Jariel inflicted Paralyze on Deceit and it will last 3 turns but no paralyze buff appears. Deceit is listed as 55% paralyze resistance, so if it's not supposed to work then the game should tell me somehow.

Also, I would've been more impressed with the Lore text for Icebreaker if it had said "For when you can't think of anything to say." ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hehe that is a good lore text :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Final act beta! SOTW 0.9.7

Post by jack1974 »

Made an update, in the end I didn't replace the Druid Nature's touch skill with an offensive version since that would be a big game changer. I mostly buffed up the Ranger offensive capabilities with Hawkeye, and also added a scroll to remove debuffs (paralysis included) that you can buy in shops like the other usable items, so maybe it can be used to win some very hard battles (Deceit).
Troyen
Elder Druid

Re: Final act beta! SOTW 0.9.7

Post by Troyen »

Using Heavy Explosive Bomb on Deceit seems to be bugged. It's not applying the bleed like the description and the combat log says:

The combat log clearly states it should apply:
Jariel used Heavy Explosive Bomb
Jariel inflicted Bleeding on Demon Deceit
The Condition will expire in 10 turns
Jariel hit Demon Deceit for 75 Normal damage using Heavy Explosive Potion.

It's not hidden either because there's no damage tick on Demon Deceit's turn. Vaelis and Krimm can make him bleed so it's not like he's immune to bleeds.

(Also, looks like the combat log is inconsistent on names. ;) )
Last edited by Troyen on Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.