Road to Act 3

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Road to Act 3

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks. Well for the cat will be over soon, probably this Friday we'll euthanize him :(
Still happy that I managed to get a lot of work done today, since probably tomorrow and the weekend won't be able to do much. Then next monday will resume working normally.
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

I'm sorry about your cat :( .
daikiraikimi
Woods ranger

Post by daikiraikimi »

I'm so sorry. :(
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, I should be used to it by now (I have many cats, so as inevitable consequence they also die) but every time is bad.
Luckily I always try to focus on the work to distract myself from it and works.

Anyway, today got several missing backgrounds. I am still missing some tiles, but I think by next week I should have all the art. As for coding I'm making good progresses. I think really next week could finally do the beta of Act3. Probably, it will be a mess with many plot holes and bugs, but that's normal :mrgreen:
gamesempie
Young scout

Post by gamesempie »

Alright looking forward to the act 3 beta. Let me also say I am so sorry to hear about your cat. It's always hard to lose a pet. On a more gamer geek note, telling us about your cat while hinting at a "save Chalassa" side quest makes me feel the need for there to be a hidden easter egg that if you meet some requirement during the battle you can save a cat that becomes attached to Chalassa as well causing her to show a softer, more feminine side in the post battle dialog. Unreasonable addition at this point i'm sure but just wanted to throw that out there.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

In the "happy ending" she show a different side of herself :)
On a somewhat related note, I'm doing a series of merfolk characters for future RPGs, but I also want to do some furry characters, I don't know the various japanese terms but like half human half cats/feline. Should be an interesting mix :)
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

Nekomimi or Bakeneko may be some of the terms you're looking for.
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

I don't know what happen to your cat but I hope that he has lived a long live.

A furry is this

a human-animal "hybrid"
If you were going for foxes, they would be kitsune.

If you are talking of cats, I think the term is bakeneko (neko is Japanese for cat, I believe), though this works best for housecats. Other terms might be more appropriate if one is thinking lions, tiger, etc.
kitsune is a the japenese word for fox, normal one and also the kistune from japenese mythologie where they are yokai(japenese demon).They can take human form and gain more tails has they get older.

bakeneko also know as nekomata(when they have 2 tails I think) are the cat version of the kitsune(can take human form,throw fire ball, like miki in the first muramasa rebirth DLC who became a nekomata when her owner(okoi) die , she takes her form to make the people who send the assassins think she alives and kill them)

so I don't think you can call a fox-boy/girl kitsune and a cat-boy/girl nekomata or bakeneko. I don't remember a specific term for those types of characters,I usually see catboy/girl, cat-boy/girl