Road to Act 3

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Road to Act 3

Post by jack1974 »

So people know where I'm at :lol:

27-28 September 2014
Finished chapter15 map. Today or tomorrow I hope to finish this chapter. Tomorrow I should also finish chapter16 since I had already done the map and the quest, will just need to test it again a bit :)
Kainin
Young scout

Re: Road to Act 3

Post by Kainin »

Good. I can't wait to recreate my poor misguided rogue that think she is a warrior:))
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Testing with Hunter/Rager combo, I have to say that Act3 plays quite differently. Might be the new AI, but Thieves in frontline would be dead rather quickly I think :mrgreen: Playing in Nightmare of course.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Are you going to add a couple of sidequests now? ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I don't think since this act is already quite big. I might do some optional grinding stuff though. For example early in the story players complains that they eat only fish, so there could be some small hunting grinding sidequests. Anyway will first finish all the main plot coding, since the game as gameplay is already twice big as Loren as it is :lol:
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

Road to Act 3? In a nod to ACDC you should titled it Highway to Act 3 - missed opportunity:)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah :)
Anyway, just added one fun thing already :lol: a vendor that let's you gamble for items for money. You choose the amount to pay, and you get 1-3-5 totally random items. All decent (no garbage) but varying from Fine to Rare. A minor addition but after playing it a bit, is fun.
Also, a way to use all the crazy money you're going to make in act 3 if you complete some quests related to treasures!
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

Cool :) .
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Today managed to work almost 6h straight in the morning (couldn't sleep because of a cat's health). Anyway, fixed several issues in the quests: there are 3 main quest lines you can do in act3, from tavern, forge and Merrow (the governor). And of course you can do them in any order, but I had to check various possibilities since you also can go there to buy stuff.
Also implemented the romance progression. Differently from Loren you can't romance ALL the characters in a single playthrough - you'll have limited amount of romance points in which you can talk (otherwise would be a bit silly that the player spends 1 week straight in the bathhouse together with all the other characters :lol:).
For the maniacs who want to unlock all romances the best will be to save at beginning of act3.
Rowinda/Vaelis give a skill reward, while the other romances unlocks the CG and different endings in act4.
There's also the "secret sidequest" to save Chalassa which triggers only at a certain point and if you're in love with her, though offers a nice side battle :wink:
Plus another secret area that you must unlock in a specific way. I might add a few more :mrgreen:
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Oooh, secrets! As if I wasn't hyped up about Act3 enough already! :mrgreen:

(So sorry to hear about your cat. :( )