suggestion for bonus skill for Rowinda

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

suggestion for bonus skill for Rowinda

Post by jack1974 »

So completing Vaelis flashback story grants him the possibility to use Protect skill too :)
I wanted to do the same with Rowinda, but I'm wondering what could be her reward. It shouldn't be something too powerful (similar to Vaelis bonus skill, is a nice addition and can be very useful but is not a skill that deals massive damage or anything).
At first I thought that she would make a free Candy every battle but probably would be too much :mrgreen:
Or I can leave this empty for now and then see what people think would be good after playing ACT3, since so far you weren't able to play much Jariel/Rowinda...
yayswords
Elder Druid

Re: suggestion for bonus skill for Rowinda

Post by yayswords »

The game sorely needs a single target dispel, but that wouldn't be a small thing to give her. How about resurrection with a twist?

Dark Awakening
Resurrects target ally and heals it by 25%. The character will also be paralyzed for 2 turns.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm actually a single target dispel is not bad. There are some conditions that purification can't cure like bleeding or slumber, so a spell that clears ALL conditions from a target might be quite useful in act3/4 (not much before because enemies aren't so nasty).
I thought about a rez spell too. Both are good ideas, will think about it :)
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

In addition to the good ideas above, I'll throw in a couple of crazy one that you can just directly say 'No!' to (too much work, etc :P)

Auto-resurrection: Can be cast on any character *before* they are knocked out. If during the following N turns (or during the whole fight) that character is knocked out, they'll automatically "rise from the dead"(with 25% health) once = the effect wears off upon resurrection.

Zombify: Resurrects a KO character with 100% health, but the resurrected character can not use any skills for the rest of the fight. Also 30% speed DEbuff to the resurrected character.

MANa-Eater: Causes both HP and SP damage to an enemy. Same HP damage as from magic bolt and SP dmg half of the caused HP dmg. ... If that dmg is too much, then maybe same dmg as from melee aka staffwhacking. :P

Least crazy:
Umbrella-ella: Cast 75% elemental resistance on any character for 3 to 5 turns.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

jack1974 wrote:Hmm actually a single target dispel is not bad.
No but you wanted it not to be too powerful :P

Singe Magic (stole name and concept from WoW)
Deals 10% health damage to the target and removes all debuffs.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well is "not that powerful", since enemies can always inflict bleeding again etc, but useful enough if a character has 4-5 conditions. Also if I make it so removes also the positive effects, it should balance itself :)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

Scapegoat
Target: Allies
Effect: Enemy attacks and spells directed at Rowinda will hit the targeted ally instead.