Spirit of Ninim Poll

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm

What kind of creature is the Spirit of Ninim?

You may select 1 option

View results

fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Spirit of Ninim Poll

Post by fabulaparva »

The twins will get some choices between "ultimate items" in Act 3. If you are playing with druid, you can choose between two options: a staff for a more aggressive druid-build and omg-so-cute Spirit of Ninim, who is a supportive little guy (shoulder-armor/angel).

It would be fun to get input for Spirit of Ninim's stat from more than just us few persons active in in the fixed items thread. :D

What kind of support would you think the druid needs? Would you rather have the Spirit give you a moderate to high HP-regeneration with a bit of SP-regeneration, or would you prefer a grand Magic increase and moderate to high defense against statuses and physical attacks? Note that you can't choose both the aggressive staff and the supportive Spirit as rewards.

Cast your vote and/or post an opinion. Numbers are subjected to change and all decisions are up to Jack, obviously. :)

Opinions on other ultimate personal items are welcome, too!
Last edited by fabulaparva on Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Re: Spirit of Ninim Poll

Post by yayswords »

The spirit looks like this:

Happiness in a spoiler.
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Are we forced to pick between only those two options?
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

It's possible to change a vote once it's been cast, and hopefully possible to add options to the poll. But I'm not sure people will revisit the thread to re-evaluate the alternatives in the light of a new option. So we could definitely add something if you have an idea to share, but it will probably not win the poll. Not that the poll is what decides the stats ultimately though.

What did you have in mind?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Just remember that if you edit the poll, all votes are reset to zero :shock: a big limitation of phpbb polls...
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

I'd have to look at the other weapon options to see how they compare. Normally I'd jump on regen, but with 0 other abilities, I'm not sure I would. The other option seems better, but it depends (and you don't get any tasty regen).
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

at level 20+ one of the jewellery slots filled with a zero-bonus item makes the char probably not significantly worse, stat-wise
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

It's not 0 other abilities, just 0 other significant ones. It could give like 5-10 magic for example.

However I would not think of it as a weapon (in the poll it's like a ring and a shoulder item). The story goes... rangers get a choice between weapons, because they have three styles (2h/dw/swordboard). Meanwhile, hunters who prefer the back row would pick a bow while frontliners would go for the dual weapons. Then Jack came up with dagger vs. staff for druids, but how can you make that an interesting choice? Druids don't really have very defined playstyles. Also I didn't like the dagger idea so I suggested a focus item and we got this one and well... I can't imagine that little fella as a weapon. So I suggested it give heavy regen, renke suggested heavy magic, and here we are :P
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I don't want to vote, since I have no idea whatsoever of what items generally are like in the game at this stage, and I've decided against playing too much (as in any at all) beta - not really enough time at the moment. Consequently, those stats pretty much mean nothing to me.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Testing some battles in late ACT3 and early ACT4, the mana/hp isn't really a problem. So even giving those regen won't unbalance the game too much. You're too busy staying alive :mrgreen: It's not like act1 or even act2, in which you can run out of mana, you have plenty of money so you can buy potions, etc. Mana availability is not an issue anymore. Of course I am not a crazy nightmare player so maybe when the "hardcore players" will finally play it you'll have a different opinion :)