fixed items

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
renke_
Elder Druid

Re: fixed items

Post by renke_ »

yayswords wrote:I am envisioning it [the spirit] as a ring, so it could have the regen.
we should think about the amount of SP regen in Act 3 (or at least be prepared to change values). The Mana Channels will not go away and it is not impossible that 9 SPR (+4 necklace, +5 the spirit ring) could break things.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Yeah, about that...

I'm not sure we reached a consensus about appropriate regen amounts in the mana thread. :roll:

Better if regen items don't really gain more regen (SP regen anyway), and just more other stats, so you are still inclined to upgrade them. But yeah I don't think we need more Mana Channels on the Regen TV.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

I'm totally sure we will never reach an unambiguous concensus ^^

before we see Act 3 it's impossible to define a more or less good value for SPR - if lower values are better we could remove Channel No 4 or use for all/most SPR items solely the neck slot.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I guess probably at this point you can just write the flavor texts and indeed wait to see ACT3 battles before taking any decisions, since as said there are enemies that can steal / reduce SP, and cast a variant of madness to you, and so on...
... MOUHAHAA :twisted:

I hope the tileset is ready soon :)
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Right now the voting is 15 & 11 for the regen item. That's less margin than I thought it would be.*) If SPR will be constricted to necklaces only (and thus Spirit of Ninim turned into one), I'd assume the regen version would get a few less votes as +4 => +5SPR change wouldn't be that lucrative but +4 => +9 is. Anyway, I agree that it's best to wait for Act 3 before we'll try to define the Spirit etc regen stats with more precision.

Regarding changes in the .ods...I've changed the number of fixed items available in act 2 according to how many heroes can actually equip the item and made Spirit of Ninim non-dropable so once you get it, you can't sell it. :P Haven't uploaded the .ods anywhere yet, though as those changes are purely cosmetic.

*)I haven't voted. Wanted to leave the numbers to other players.
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

I've added some descriptions to the .ods. I also fiddled with the stats of the shields and the staff, as those felt like they were clearly off, and I tried to make them match the description at least a bit. I removed the +2 SPR and +2 HPR from the shields, due to the fact that they won't show up to the player, anyway. If you want SPR and HPR on those, I can add them back + add the info to the description. Did not touch Spirit's stats apart from making it non-droppable as the vote on its properties is still going, etc reasons.

Not all Twin weapons have descriptions yet. Comments and additions are of course welcome and you are as welcome to call me out on any bs I added there... (*cough*icebreakerDesc*cough*)

Link to the current version with all those dark-side cookies.
Changes to the orig version in BOLD PINK! HA!

@yayswords: Did you have some description as well in addition to the dialogue for the druid's staff? I changed the name of the staff to Splinter for now and put in description "This tree branch is one angry stick. Watch out for splinters!" . If/when you have better lore for that, it can naturally be changed (didn't find desc for that in this thread.)

And jack of course has the ultimate power to use this or not. :P
Last edited by fabulaparva on Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Here's a draft - and the name would be Telrianna's Wrath. (updated name, and wtf at the typo I had here earlier)
Nature is not vengeful, but her servants can be. The one inhabiting this staff definitely is, but you do not understand why. Your best guess is that it's a dryad spirit infusing a branch from the tree it was bound to in life, but the staff is not interested in explaining. It has deemed you worthy enough to wield it and direct its wrath, presumably until such time it senses the presence of its offender. You are not sure what will happen then, but you expect Jariel will be ecstatic about it.
Last edited by yayswords on Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Thanks! I added the description to the staff that is now Dryad's Wrath and updated the link above. Lol, dat Jariel....
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Actually, let's give the dryad a name, shall we? It'll crank up the epicness. How about, uh, Telrianna? Call it Telrianna's Wrath.

And you know Jariel - he wants there to be a story behind everything, and if there's a climax there must be one ;)

It definitely is only a draft though... dryads are extremely peaceful creatures everywhere I encounter them. Certainly someone could have done something epically horrendous to piss one off, but it still can't be the druid's first guess that it's a dryad spirit.
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Telrianna's Wrath it is :)
Still trying to come up with something for Will o wisp bow and the Bleeding Heart dagger...while also trying to avoid typing in some crap about the dagger being specifically designed to slide in between ribs to best puncture the heart....and with a powerful spell to take care of those with dextrocardia as well, lol.