AI Does the Darndest Things

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Re: AI Does the Darndest Things

Post by fabulaparva »

The Lich Lord (possibly also other Bosses that can do Mass Dispel) wastes turns in trying to dispel Clear Mind. The potion (like later the Bull's Strength potion) will have an effect valid for the rest of the fight and can't be dispelled. However, even when that effect is the only buff on in my party (Rowinda, no one else has any buffs) the Lich Lord wasted at least 2 turns flinging Mass Dispel on my whole party. :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah lol. I need to change it so that recognizes effects that can be dispelled vs effects which can't :lol:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

I'm on the dwarf fight when searching East for Nutt's treasure. There's a Mercenary and two miners in the front row and three alchemists in the back. I killed Alchemist A (top right). I then staggered the Mercenary and pushed him back to swap with Alchemist B. Alchemist B proceeds to swap with Alchemist C. (Yes, this is 0.9.4)

The mercenary has 77 HP, 161 defense, but a ton of debuffs. Alchemist B had 52 HP, C had 104 HP. I would expect B to swap with the dead Alchemist A, not sacrifice his pal C. (Okay, I guess they are dwarves, but still...) Both miners have 140+ HP.

I grabbed a save, but only immediately after the swap, so not sure how useful that is.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes send that save so I can check. I think though in this case I simply forgot to add the swap to dead ally thing. I didn't add to all enemies, since some aren't smarter :lol:
(poor dwarves!) haha
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Cobra seems to like spamming Defend once it runs out of mana. Doesn't it have a normal attack?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah the basic default attack is "Bite" but it has 1 SP cost. Well I just added 1SP Regen to solve the problem :mrgreen:
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

jack1974 wrote:Ah the basic default attack is "Bite" but it has 1 SP cost. Well I just added 1SP Regen to solve the problem :mrgreen:
That reminds me, why is bite an AoE attack? how can you bite 3 people at once if you aren't massive, and if you are big enough to bite 3 people at once, couldn't you also swallow one person whole?