about enslavement and losing your possessions!

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Re: about enslavement and losing your possessions!

Post by fabulaparva »

:shock:
... And that's why one must invest in agility, to be better at running away from his illustrious self!
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

Actually, if it were my choice as the guy who wrote the story, the Dingirrans would definitely take away the characters' weapons and armor and equip them with the cheapest versions of what they are carrying. In that case, it would be guaranteed that the future gladiators are equipped with something they know how to use, but the fights will last longer, and of course, the audience wants longer fights.

Also, it allows them to reward the gladiators with better equipment, making for motivated gladiators. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, I asked the coder and can be done but wanted to avoid it to play safe (there could be extra bugs).
Also while from the story point of view I agree with your idea, for gameplay is a bit different since now I'm coding the new enemies: I'm just at the various mercenaries of the families and without a good equipment, they are hard to beat. I guess I could add some extra arena fights to the story before they're allowed to wander around the town though (like I added the sidequests to make them stronger). And the magnanimous master of the pits (lol) would allow them to take any weapon they won from other gladiators...
Will think about it :)
cheska
Young scout

Post by cheska »

renke_ wrote:Ah, good to know - thanks. [And I will buy crap from the 700-1000 gold at the end of act 1, to transfer at least some of the money :)]
glad to read it before I play passed this. lol.