SOTW 0.8.9 - First Act Beta preview!

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: SOTW 0.8.9 - First Act Beta preview!

Post by jack1974 »

Okay for those waiting I think is better if I warn you right now :lol:
I found a small bug on using items, plus some "plot holes" when completing the last quests (my fault, not writer's) so I need to set some better variable checks. Plus I'm still adding those extra item rewards. So in practice, no beta today sorry! I'm just adding some last minute stuff so is hard to know exactly how long will take, but I believe tomorrow or Sunday could be out. Thanks for the patience! :oops:
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

Aw, Saturday, pretty please. Sunday's football Sunday :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha yes, the final with Germany who is surely going to win their 4th cup :wink:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

All right, is all done! So tomorrow morning will do a last check (now head is exploding! :lol:) but at this point 100% happens tomorrow late morning/afternoon! for people in other timezones, it means in 16-20 hours from now! :)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

No, I think you should doublecheck everything. Or triple or whatever. The 8-ball says to release it early Sunday morning. Else the world is doomed forever.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I'm at one point where I could check it 100 times and couldn't find anything :)
Don't know if there's a term for it, but you know, it happens both in coding, writing, doing math, etc. You are stuck and no matter how long you try, you don't see the most obvious things. While a random guy passing by just looking for 30seconds would say "there is the problem!" :mrgreen:
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:Haha I'm at one point where I could check it 100 times and couldn't find anything :)
Don't know if there's a term for it, but you know, it happens both in coding, writing, doing math, etc. You are stuck and no matter how long you try, you don't see the most obvious things. While a random guy passing by just looking for 30seconds would say "there is the problem!" :mrgreen:
There is actually a term, and its called 'overlook'. At least its a little shorter than 'fail to notice'. ;)

I know when editors look at something, they usually catch the worst mistakes the first time through...
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Jack, buddy ole pal! You're killing me here! XD

Lol that is what beta testers are for! We're her for you, test us! XD, Use us, lol borerline abuse us!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Oh don't worry you'll have quite some work to do on this act 2. I thought was easier since is more linear, but in the last part there are 4 different quest for each family so is easy to mix up the variables and have unexpected behaviors :lol:
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Use us, lol borerline abuse us!
Right, use us! As you have found a bunch of masochists who enjoy crashing games (and of course yell... ahem ... telling politely in the forum).