the romances

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Madance
Druid

Re: the romances

Post by Madance »

jack1974 wrote:The DLC is coming along nicely :) I cannot tell the subject, but I can tell you this:
- the party will be split in two, so the problem of "too long" battles will be solved since you'll have max 4 party members on each fight
- the split will be carefully done so that each twin is in company of their potential romances: Althea with Chalassa (if you got the alive ending) and Jariel, Shea with Krimm and Riley
- there are a LOT of extra interactions based on romances. There's the main plot, and then if you have a romances there are extra lines (in some cases 4-5, in other a quite long paragraph) of interactions between the sibling and the love interest

so there won't be new characters to romance but, for the first time in one of my games/RPG, a "couple life", so in practice after they are already in love, they stay together and do another journey (there will be fights and travel to obscure places...). The DLC won't be as long as the main game obviously but has some interesting minigames, a strategy part and new cool places to visit. In summary I believe is turning out quite good and will please those who wants more about romances and even those who liked the RPG part will be satisfied :)

Unfortunately adding more romance combos at this point is not doable, I wanted to focus on a few but very long ones. Of course, there are many new RPGs which will have more romance options like (obviously) Loren 2-3, Roger Steel, Queen Of Thieves and PSCD.
THIS IS WONDERFUL NEWS! THANKS JACK, TALEWEATHER AND EVERYONE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS GAME! *__________* YOU'RE :mrgreen: THE BEST, GUYS!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You're welcome :)
This will also solve the problem of
Spoiler:
the contrast between the cold-hearted assassin Chalassa portrayed in the game with the happy ending version, all happy and cheerful in a clever way :mrgreen:
LadyAhiru
Young scout

Post by LadyAhiru »

Actually i like Jariel as a character but he is way to soft/feminine for me to romance^^
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

LadyAhiru wrote:Actually i like Jariel as a character but he is way to soft/feminine for me to romance^^
If you romanced him in SotW, you're going to love his development in the Bad Blood DLC!
feyone2
Young scout

Post by feyone2 »

I'm playing as Althea and I just got turned down by Jariel, not much of a romance there. Is that what should be happening or have I missed something? I'm only playing Easy Mode :cry: :cry: :cry:
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

You may have struck him as a person he doesn't want to be romantically involved with, i.e. took the wrong conversation options with him.

At a certain point in the relationship conversations, you need to have achieved four hearts with him. If you don't have those, sorry, no Jariel romance for you.

However, if he just said this:
Spoiler:
"Please understand. Right now, the Century Journey is my life. I won't abandon it."
Congrats. Then you just need to be a little more persistent :)
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

Btw, how do you tell if you took the right or wrong romance conversations with someone? Is there a way to figure that out, before you get to a "romance over" point?
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

If you see your relationship meter (the hearts) go up during a conversation, you took the best conversation option. If it doesn't move, you took the safe option (doesn't help but also doesn't hurt). If you see it go down, you chose... badly.
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

Taleweaver wrote:If you see your relationship meter (the hearts) go up during a conversation, you took the best conversation option. If it doesn't move, you took the safe option (doesn't help but also doesn't hurt). If you see it go down, you chose... badly.
Thanks! :)
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

Taleweaver wrote:If you see your relationship meter (the hearts) go up during a conversation, you took the best conversation option. If it doesn't move, you took the safe option (doesn't help but also doesn't hurt). If you see it go down, you chose... badly.
If you're trying to quote Indiana Jones, I'm pretty sure it's poorly :P .