The Druid and Hunter Classes-Melee?

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
deathknight1728
Woods ranger

The Druid and Hunter Classes-Melee?

Post by deathknight1728 »

The druid class has always been one of my favs to play as I am currently using one in Icewind Dale 1 and Baldurs GAte 1 EE. The cool thing in that game was that druids were not that far off from thief when it comes to fighting. They were actually a little better.

I know that this game is different but you have shown that you stick very close to what an archetype is like which in my opinion is awesome. There can NEVER be enough interpretations for party based classes. I still like to think of who I think does the bard, ranger and what not best regarding games made.

My question is can you go with some strength and will for the druid and make them into a tank or is it just impossible? Also will the hunter be just like Dora and will they be able to use in melee?
?
ValHallen
Druid

Re: The Druid and Hunter Classes-Melee?

Post by ValHallen »

About the Druid, i think its not going to be possible to go melee, they dont have any skill that help them survive in the front lines. they seemto fit Draco's role
Spoiler:
About the Hunters, they have skill that help them in the front lines (Camouflage), dmg skill that can only be used in the front lines (Sudden Strike) and if you can swap equipment in the middle of battle, like in Loren, you can use Head Shot in the front row (it will do less dmg, but you are going to use it for the Paralyze effect anyway).
Spoiler:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Remember that everything is work in progress, including the skill trees - I mean even if I coded them already I'll have to see how they work in the actual game before making them "definitive". Even if I don't plan to change them completely, I might do some adjustments.
Differently from Loren I plan to have the battles behave more differently, with less normal hits that wipe away 75% of your health (special skills will be OK instead). So while melee fighting with a Druid will be definitely NOT recommended, they won't be killed even in Hard mode with 2-3 hits like often happened in Loren :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah also I am planning to have more attributes, not just Strength / Skill / Will this time, but Constitution, Dexterity and so on, with each one impacting an aspect of the game. This is another thing that I still need to tweak before I announce it :)