about this RPG

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Re: about this RPG

Post by Lonestar51 »

It's OK, I understand it's not personal. Mr. Teddy only wants dinner...

On the other hand, it's not personal from me, either. It's just I need the XP...

Mr, Teddy, can we stay friends even though we slaughter each other? :mrgreen:
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:Finished this quest today. A pity to kill that small teddy bear. He only wants you as dinner :mrgreen:
And now I could see a story emerge which a grizzled, angry druid transforms many bears into teddy bear form. Using unsuspecting merchants, those bears are then sold in human towns and villages, and then on one special night the enchantment wears off...
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Miakoda wrote:And now I could see a story emerge which a grizzled, angry druid transforms many bears into teddy bear form. Using unsuspecting merchants, those bears are then sold in human towns and villages, and then on one special night the enchantment wears off...
Horribly cruel.

I wish I have had this idea. :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

This sounds a great plan for the Demons revenge against Loren & co!! :lol:
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

and then a dog uses the teddybear for a chewtoy ;)
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

so here's a preview, I played a bit of the game, trying to show the battles, the isometric map, etc. Is still work in progress but much more polished than a month or two ago :)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

You go and tell them they don't exist. Haha.

I liked the map, and I liked seeing all these abilities that were guaranteed to cause their effect. But I also see block and miss, that could be something to curse about instead :P
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The block happens only if the defender Defense value is much higher than the attacker Attack. For ranged attack, the chances are much smaller. Of course, might still need to tweak it to make it happen less often :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

This definitely looks very promising, and I hope to see it in action relatively soon. Of course, if there had been one more polar bear in the first encounter, the adventure would be over before it started...:)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, now I'm concentrating on finishing the sidequests and main plot. Since in the first season you can play with 3 characters max, doesn't make sense to make that part longer. Is better to make the 3rd and 4th when you have the full party :) It's only that while designing the map I couldn't stop adding a few smaller quests/monsters :mrgreen: but must force myself to stop!