skills suggestions

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: skills suggestions

Post by jack1974 »

Haha that would be asking for trouble balancing it though! ...a month later I change the prices of weapons, raising them... then I get emails from people "the Merc is overpowered, just did 100dmg with a dagger" :lol:
Rinvee
Young scout

Post by Rinvee »

Oh, my! I tried to focus, really. Tried to type something smart and helpful, but after seeing Amukiki's name under word "Bard" I had that mental image of our pride Amukiki wearing beret with feathers and playing lyre. And that totally shattered my attention.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lol I can understand then :lol:
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

The MC could have skills like:

Warrior:

Heroism - the MC and/or his friends heal 10 % of their total Hitpoints when they are reduced to 0 or fewer hitpoints for the first time in a battle
Intimidating Strike - all enemies get -10% attack/DMG/dodge, after MC hit an enemy for 80% damage / increases thread
Guardian - Ally gets +20% defense/dodge, MC gets -20% defense/dodge for 5 rounds
Mow them down - attacks all enemies in a row for 80% damage
Overrun - if you successfully deal damage to an opponent in the first row, you can attack the enemy behind him. This additional attack deals 100% damage to the enemy in the backline and an additional 20% damage
to the enemy in the frontline

Thief:

Strikeback - hit enemy for 20% damage after you were hit for x damage points
dirty lowkick (a.k.a. "called shot to the nuts", see "the gamers" ;-) ) - enemy cannot act for 2 rounds
called strike - enemy gets -75% armor and -20% resistances in the next round against your attack
Eyepoke - Enemy is blinded for 3 rounds and thief steals 10% of enemies money
run away - lose you rnext action but avoid the last hit

mage:

arcane genius - absorb 10/20/30% of the mana from a spell that hit you
counterspell - next spell that affects you or your whole group automatically fails this round (= 0 dmg, no status effects, what so ever :-))
astral form - as long as you stay in astral form, you do and suffer -80% physical damage and you do and suffer +100% magical damage
arcane bomb - deplete your manabar. do spent mana x 4 points of damage to all enemies. you recieve damage equivalent to the amount of mana spent (pretty risky, since mages normally have more mana than lifepoints :) )
windchannel - enemie's ranged attacks are returned and hit the enemies frontrow instead of your group
magic spear - hits all targets in a line. damage is divided among the targets.
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the suggestion, with the writer we decided to have the class fit more the "wilderness setting", so Warrior = Ranger, Thief= Scout, Mage=Druid (but they'll have same functions as the base classes, only the "lore" will change).
at-a-glance
Young scout

Post by at-a-glance »

DunKalar wrote:counterspell - next spell that affects you or your whole group automatically fails this round (= 0 dmg, no status effects, what so ever :-))
I'd think you'd have to do either damage protection or zero status effect just for game balance.
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

That depends on the Spell or Effect that will trigger. If only one of those types (damage, status effect, whatnot) triggers then it should not be a problem.

I think it would be funny for a druid to be able to shapeshift himself or others.
Something like:
"Werbear" - target ally gets +X armor but - X Mana - X Spelldamage
"Werboar" - target ally gets +X damage and +X resistance to status effects but -X Mana and -x% Chance to trigger status effects
"Wercat" - target ally gets +X attack and +X dodge but -X Hitpoints and -X Armor
"Werleprechaun" - target ally loses 50% attack, damage, health and armor but gets + X% Resistance to Status Effects, Spell effect damage, chance to trigger status effects and amount of gold looted after the fight
and so on :-)

Ranger could use something like:
"Horizonwalker" - Ranger gets +X% resistance against elemental damage and status effects
"Hunting" - Place a mark on a target, all actions against target recieve +x% attack and damage
"Elemental Arrow" - Ranger shoots an arrow for 50% physical base damage but the arrow deals additional X damage of every element
"Preparation" - As Horizonwalker but for the whole party of allies
"Windwalker" - Ranger gets a bonus on dodge based on his armor rating. the higher his armor rating is, the lower the bonus will be.
"Animalfriends" - Ranger gets a special attack for 80% base damage that has a chance of X % to pin his oponent down (has no action next turn)

Scout might like:
"Found you" - Scout gets firststrike with a special attack against all enemies in the first combat round. Attack does 0% base damage but has a chance of 100% (base without modification/resistances) to stun targets.
"Ambush" - scout gets +20% and +20% attack and damage if he dodged successfully before his next attack
"Herbalist" - For the next 5 rounds, the Scout has the chance to poison his target für x Poisondamage/round. He can cure a poisoned ally instead of attacking.
"Shadowstep" - get +100% dodge against next attack
"Hunter" - party gets +x% attack, damage, spelleffect chance or spell damage
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Today finished the Ranger (equivalent to Warrior) class. I'm quite happy about it:
it has a lot of variety and some skills depends on the equipment you're using, which makes a nice change and adds more strategy. Now going to code the Hunter and the Druid :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Even the Hunter is done. I played it and is quite fun. The Sudden Strike skill combined with a good amount of SP regen potions is quite powerful to drain enemies SP, preventing them from using their skills (of course, I have balanced it so that you can't just do that to win a fight).
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

How should I understand the attack of sudden strike? Hit one enemy with 100% and the others with 30/60/90%, or all three with 30/60/90?

In the latter case the lvl 1 attack would be quite a bit less useful than a normal attack, as 3*30=90. Also the delay after a special attack is usually higher than after a normal attack; and often you want to put one enemy out of action before the healer goes into action, not do a bit of damage to everyone which a "heal party" spell will remove nicely.