Unknown RPG

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Unknown RPG

Post by Lonestar51 »

As there is no better place yet, let's discuss the new RPG here.

I just read the blog post of May 10th and the first thing I thought: Oh, someone is biting up more than he can swallow ;-) There should be 4 RPGs under active development: Loren 2, Stronghold 2, Roger Steele, and now the "Unknown RPG".

So the game is in the world of Aravorn as well, according to the blog, but not a Loren sequel. There is no better way to invite speculation than this. ;-)

Hmm, Artwork seems to be taken from other games for now, the party not from Loren. So it's like there is no common story with Loren involved, except the world Aravorn. Which seems a pity, considering the sexy Nagas. :mrgreen: But as it is a Winterwolves game, there will be some other romanceable characters. Hopefully. Maybe even the demon girls of Spirited heart.

Background for this one combat is mountain and snow. Will the game be in some kind of frozen wasteland? What story could be in a frozen wasteland?
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Unknown RPG

Post by jack1974 »

Ahah and I hoped nobody would notice/ask... :)

The party sprites were temporary placeholders, I reused the discarded sprite from Spirited Heart 2 :wink:

It will take place in a far away land from Loren's one, though I plan to include some references to that setting. I don't want to say too much now about the story, and just to be clear will be NOWHERE near Loren's length. Is crazy to say but I'm doing this in my free time, "for fun". Not that I don't have fun doing the others, but in this case I'm totally experimenting new things modifying Loren's framework.
It was since last year in Summer that wasn't doing any "serious" coding stuff (dating sims are much easier to code) and so thought to do this so I don't forget completely how to code :lol: Besides, since I don't know yet if for Roger Steele will use Loren framework or the new one being made for PS2 (but probably the new one) I thought was worth it anyway.

Some random hints about the game:
- party will be of ONLY (mouahhaha) 7 characters, including your MC. A bit because is smaller scope game, a bit because want to have more character development having less of them in party (when you have 13 like in Loren, it gets hard! unless the game is huge, but this must NOT BE!)
- game starts frozen place, though not exactly wastelands
- there will be an Arena
- none of Loren's character will be present, but could be known by others
- there will be BIG wolves
- a brother and a sister
- Loren's artist will do all the art
- will have ONLY 4 romances, one for each combo (BxG,BxG,GxG,BxB)
- it has a BARD in it 8)

ok that's enough info. I have no estimate release. I want the writer to work and finish the plot fast, so I can commission the art, but as for when will be able to code it, have no clue. Basically, if there's dead time between projects I work on this!
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Ahah and I hoped nobody would notice/ask... :)
Well, that's what a blog is for ;-) But many thanks for the details.
party will be of ONLY (mouahhaha) 7 characters, including your MC
This will not leave a lot of space for getting rid of characters I dislike. :twisted: Except if I make the party intentitionally smaller, something I avoid where possible.
it has a BARD in it 8)
A bard with a beard? :mrgreen:
Ah, well, never mind, as long as the bard will compose great songs about whatever the MC (= ME) accomplishes, I am fine. ;-)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Having fun with the bards songs (which are in practice his spells). How's the title "Draco's Fire Dance"? 8)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

One of the game characters, Sebilis. I like her design :) She is the GxG only romance.
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Having fun with the bards songs (which are in practice his spells). How's the title "Draco's Fire Dance"? 8)
Hmm, let's see what you wrote before:
- none of Loren's character will be present, but could be known by others
So they know about Loren, and sing songs praising a party member. Will they also sing songs about ME ... ehhmmm ... about Eleanor/Saren? :mrgreen:
One of the game characters, Sebilis. I like her design :) She is the GxG only romance.
Nice. Really really nice. This is the same artist who drew the art for Bionic Heart 2? If so, in this picture (s)he is back to the old form. (Or maybe it is the coloring of BH2)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The Saren/Elenor thing is tricky... since varies depending who the player played in Loren's game so a bit hard to refer to him/her :)
The artist is the same, I think is just the BH2 coloring even if to be honest the sprites of BH2 were indeed a bit different from the usual style.
Yesterday I also coded a cool new feature in my RPG experiments, which will illustrate in next blog post. Suffice to say that Thief in the front line will have some use again!
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

What? No songs about Saren/Elenor? :( :( :cry:

I usually had Karen in the frontline, even on "hard" difficulty. But I did not buy the extension, maybe with the extension I would choose differently. Oh, and when I played Elenor as Thief, she was in the front as well. But I will read the blog with interest.
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Well this is when added the MC to the story in some way would benefit you so you could write about them :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

In the latest update, Karen is much more powerful even in frontline. After all she was the Amazon Queen so couldn't be a weakling :lol:
The songs about Saren/Elenor is one of those cases when having a previous game in which you choose the MC is a "problem". What should it say, that Saren was on Loren's side in the battle against Fost? or wait, it was Elenor? :) it could be done with some clever writing though, in a way so that the player chooses it.
Bard: "Let me tell you the story of... Siren? ah no wait it was a woman, Lenor?"
MC: "It was (choice) Elenor!"
Bard: "Ah yes, the ballad of Elenor the half-elf who helped the Amazon Princess Loren defeat Fost bla bla bla EPIC SONG!" :mrgreen: