VN Mode

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
Rebly82
Woods ranger

VN Mode

Post by Rebly82 »

Now Mass Effect Andromeda has also thought to add in a "VN Mode" (Back then, casual is the minimum, followed by more extra difficult levels). Learning from Winterwolves, I see! :lol:

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: VN Mode

Post by jack1974 »

Well yes, it's nice to see those newbie developers learning from the TRUE MASTERS!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

Easier difficulty settings to accomodate story-oriented players is nothing new. In Persona 3 & 4, both games blatantly say the easy setting is recommended for those who just want to experience the story. The same is said for the Witcher 3, and it even goes so far as to call the easiest setting "Just the Story". In Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition, there is a story mode setting which buffs your party and makes them immortal. It's just a nicer name than something like "Very Easy" or "Mondo Weenie".
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Jaeger wrote:In Persona 3 & 4, both games blatantly say the easy setting is recommended for those who just want to experience the story.
Also known as the setting for people who think Hamaon/Mudoon is complete BS.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hah yes I think I added VN Mode after seeing it in another game but can't remember which one it was. However in most of those games even if you set the Narrative/Story mode you still have to do the fights, while in my games VN Mode means skip completely those parts, when possible :)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

Franka wrote:
Jaeger wrote:In Persona 3 & 4, both games blatantly say the easy setting is recommended for those who just want to experience the story.
Also known as the setting for people who think Hamaon/Mudoon is complete BS.
I never liked the Hama/Mudo line of spells in the SMT games. On the receiving end, I had moments of frustration of crippled parties because a key party member(s) is down or instant game over if it happened to be the main character. I didn't like using Hama/Mudo either, since I found it too unreliable and uses too much SP to be worth it.