Fantasy Art

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Fantasy Art

Post by jack1974 »

Nice, I played Fallout 2 but was long time ago so I forgot that scene, though I seem to recall there was a "forced marriage" in a quest or something :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

Miakoda wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 11:42 pm
Anyone play Fallout 2 might recognize this scene:
Never have played that but from what I gather the Fallout games take place in a post-apocalyptic future... Confused as to why this guy's gun seems to be from the 1800s.

Awesome work, btw. :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 3:59 am Nice, I played Fallout 2 but was long time ago so I forgot that scene, though I seem to recall there was a "forced marriage" in a quest or something :)
Early in the game, if you entered a town, you could get intimate with the daughter or son of a farmer, and daddy dearest would require a shotgun wedding.
BobTheMob wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 10:05 pm Never have played that but from what I gather the Fallout games take place in a post-apocalyptic future... Confused as to why this guy's gun seems to be from the 1800s.
There is a variety of tech in the game. Some of the people have regressed to the point where they are using spears, etc. For the majority of people, guns have to be scrounged and aren't in the best shape...including very old weapons. Finally, there are some high-tech weapons, and except for a couple small groups, no one can really build more/maintain them.
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

:) That Fallout 2 scene was probably Miria, whom you could marry in Modoc (town to the far north east I think?).
Either she or her brother Davin can be married (proper shotgun wedding, if their father catches you ,and you can't lie yourself out of trouble)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Alex81 wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 2:55 am :) That Fallout 2 scene was probably Miria, whom you could marry in Modoc (town to the far north east I think?).
Either she or her brother Davin can be married (proper shotgun wedding, if their father catches you ,and you can't lie yourself out of trouble)
Basically from the east of the main town. And I admit, it is a scenario I think would be interesting to explore in a game...though there are people who would get made since there is no player agency.

And just a couple more bits of art. The first is of Lenneth of Valkyrie Profile:

Second is Carmen Sandiego:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Where is Carmen!?!? I want to romance her! :lol:
Harbinger1975
Young scout

Post by Harbinger1975 »

I'll take the Valkyrie!
"Direct intervention is necessary. Assuming direct control."
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

jack1974 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:53 am Where is Carmen!?!? I want to romance her! :lol:
What Jack said! Wow she does have some curves on her! :oops: