Question about adult content/ratings

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Re: Question about adult content/ratings

Post by Thee Forsaken One »

I have to agree with the lingerie although now maybe bath scenes will be a bit more realistic. =p
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well you can have "realistic" (fully naked) characters doing bath, but there are a lot of ways to not show anything "too hot". In Loren 2 for example we'll use some cleverly object positioned in a way to cover a guy genitals, and so on :wink:
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Was more thinking of certain bath pics I'd seen where everyone was standing around in bikinis. =p
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah you mean SOTW bath house!
Well, there are actually versions without bikini (of certain characters like Chalassa and Krimm) :wink:
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Haha okay. I was mostly being silly, anyway. Still, looking forward to some equality in the nudity department.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah I'm all for equality as you well know, but I need to be careful with such things :mrgreen:
JaggedOrchid
Young scout

Post by JaggedOrchid »

I don't post often, but I thought this was an interesting topic so I thought I might as well add my two cents. I don't see anything wrong with adding nudity to games so long as it's relatively tasteful which from what I've read here seems to be the general consensus. I also don't see anything wrong with both male and female nudity being included. Granted, I only ever play f/f romance, but just because it's not something, I'm personally into doesn't mean I don't think it's something that should not be included.
weaselton
Young scout

Post by weaselton »

Way late reply to this thread but I will chime in.

First I will go on record saying AC rarely bothers me. Senran Kagura is one of my favorite game series to come out in a while.

I would have to say much of it depends on the purpose of adding it in. If it is essential to the story I am all for it. If it's to titillate the viewer I am fine with it. If it's to help someone get a cheap thrill I will pass on it.
I don't think adding any more than the Loren level will really help much on sales. You mentioned above the uncensor patch and I can state with confidence it worked well with the Sunrider series.

If you do go the route for more explicit content I advise 3 levels of self censorship. The two you already have.. and the new one for the whole package. (no pun intended)
Amberbaum
Young scout

Post by Amberbaum »

Hm, I think Cute Demon Crashers handled the sex/nudity issue pretty well. Then again I have no problem with sex or full frontal nudity.
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

I also have no problem with nudity, sex or whatever. I'm also indifferent to violence as well(weird, I know).
I think having the option to see the characters naked would be nice in the romance CG's(at least in those that made sense, like with the Chamby's scenes in Loren, even if it could have gone further, but no complains here!). I mean, those who wouldn't want to see any of it would still play the censored version while those who do would be also be graced with some sexyness.

...AND THERE WAS A NAKED CHALASSA AND A NAKED KRIMM?! I so need this!