I'm posting this here, because I am NOT working on this. It's just an idea. Just to talk and see what people think. I haven't started anything, there's no art, prototype, nothing. It's just an idea
OK now that this is clear enough
here's what I was thinking to do: it would probably be one of my first gameplay-focused games in a long time. It would be low-priced, maybe something like $9.99.
The basic gameplay would be:
- several races/faction to choose, each one with its own cards set
- a map with towns/fortresses to conquer
- each town or region would give bonuses (have to figure out yet what)
- the map would be randomized every time. if I manage to do a tileset map it would really be completely random, otherwise the map layout would be the same but the town/region name/bonuses/whatever would be randomized
- different winning conditions: destroy everyone, or who control most map after X turns, etc
IF I do this I would do it in my spare time, which as you can imagine is very limited now. Probably I wouldn't start this year. It wouldn't delay any other game in the works (the biggest delay for all my games are the writers anyway
) so my usual fans don't need to worry. I would this all on my own so I could pause it anytime to finish any other "regular" games I usually do.
Since I enjoy doing such games, and I would keep the costs down, I wouldn't even worry too much if sells a lot or not. It would be an experiment and I might even try to sell first only on Steam, with launch discount and everything else, to see what happens (later would be available on my site too).
This would be one of my first experiment to do "something different" (but REALLY different) both in term of game but also launch/selling philosophy. Another game could be that CYOA with black/white art I wanted to do since long time, but for that I'll still need to write the story so would take me longer.