Witcher3

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
jack1974
Pack leader

Witcher3

Post by jack1974 »

Since I took some breaks, recently I've been able to finish Witcher 3 (took me about 3 months to finish! :lol:).
Probably the best game I've ever played. Amazing writing, great characters, and the RPG part was casual enough for me to enjoy it (I played on Easy difficulty).
And Yennefer... wow the hottest 3d female character ever :o :twisted:
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Witcher3

Post by Franka »

I got stuck looting treasure chests on the islands of Skellige... should have just gone on with the story, but nooo... I had to go all OCD and collect everything.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha if you have to do everything, you could be busy with that game for MONTHS :mrgreen:
Personally I was super disappointed that I found out about the free DLC with the... "extra outfits" only after I finished the game!!!
I mean... look at this :o
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

The Witcher is my favorite RPG franchise of all time, and the choice between Yennifer and Triss in Witcher 3 tore me up inside.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes it was a tough choice since both are attractive and cool, but ultimately Yen was just too hot :mrgreen: and the Last Wish sidequest was awesome :)
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

Yen is everything that you say, but she's also domineering, manipulative, and enjoys belittling you while treating you like a favorite lapdog. She is the beautiful and wild tigress who will laugh delightfully while slashing your heart to pieces and leave you longing for more. She is the flame that not only excites, but also consumes what it embraces. The relationship is more than a little dysfunctional shall we say. Triss on the other hand has stuck by and supported your character through everything over the first two installments of the game, risking her own life for yours on several occasions, and your relationship with her is quite a bit healthier and much less of a rocky roller coaster ride.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes for sure, if was reality I would never stay with someone like Yen. But since it's a game... 8)
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

lol, I'll give you that... 8)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I wasn't a huge fan of the character building system, more specifically the limited slots to activate the learned skills. If you enjoy hybrid builds or simply like exploring different combinations of skills, it's not viable. Instead, you are forced to pool points on a select few simply because you won't have space. If becoming overpowered is truly a concern, I think enemies could have beefed up stat growth or more abilites at higher levels.

Don't get me wrong, it's definitely one of my favorite RPGs in recent years. A solid package all around, in fact. However, I have no idea what they were thinking when they designed the character building system.
Last edited by Jaeger on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I agree, for sure they did it to avoid being overpowered, but the best strategy was to stick with one of the 3 things (attack/melee, potions or signs). I used almost all on attack and a few on signs, in particular the Aard (I think? can't remember those rune names! the rune to charm enemies) to unlock extra dialogue options :)