New Comp

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: New Comp

Post by Franka »

I hear people talking about "winning" Until Dawn by having all characters survive, but that's just nonsense. It's a slasher/horror story, of course it needs to have some casualties!
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

I always build my own pc's. Every few years I do a heart transplant, ie. mb+cpu+mem replacement. I'm still running dual core, but I also always buy top shelf parts when I do an upgrade, so she still purrs like a kitten. I'm about due for a new graphics card however.

I have a copy of Fary Cry 4 that came with a Samsung SSD I bought. I've never played it however. I need to make a new windows partition first, and I just haven't found the motivation to do so. Renpy works just fine on linux. :mrgreen:
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

@Jack when you register windows it registers to that cpu/mb combo only way to fix that is call windows support. (They expect people to buy a whole new rig instead of upgrading it)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I managed to make Win10 work by entering my Win8 key :) I was in chat with them and they were like "when you bought your PC you had windows installed" (since 99% of people get new PC+new Window). When I told them I bought Win8 online on MS store they told me that "trick".
So at least this time was less painful :)
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

uggh...as far as I'm concerned everyone saddled with Win 8 should be entitled to a free copy of Win 10. Win 8 was terrible.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Considering the daily offer I get for upgrading Win7 to Win10 for free, I'm assuming the same is true if you have Win8.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes indeed I did that (I bought it only to test my games on it years ago).
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I'm reluctant to upgrade to Windows 10 (currently have Windows 7). I fear it might cause compatibility issues with the few games I'm able to play on my computer. Also I thought UI for Windows 8 was terrible, and if Windows 10 is anything like it, I'll pass.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Overall win10 is much better than 8 (easy to be!) but it still has some very annoying things, like a lot of default apps like onedrive, cortana, etc that I never use which occupy RAM/CPU. I have it installed on my gaming PC since I use it also to test my games, but in the one I use to develop I'll keep Win7 for as long as I can!
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Would it be considered too retro to go back to the good ole days of MFM or RLL HDs?