7 Kingdoms: The Princess Problem

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Re: 7 Kingdoms: The Princess Problem

Post by Miakoda »

@Alex81
Miakoda? Thanks for the tip. Totally owe you for that one

Only "negative" thing about 7 Kingdoms I can mention would be .....it's not done yet ^^
Loved the demo, it's -really- well done, the characters really well written, in short?
I'm definatly looking forward to the full release
You're welcome. Heh, I felt much the same way about wishing it was done. You can see some influences from other games like Long Live the Queen.

@P_Tigras
The demo was fun. :) While there are quite a few typo's in need of clean-up, particularly in the later parts of the demo, the gameplay is solid. That said, it's a pity there isn't a male protagonist or more G-G romance options, although given the nature of the game, I can understand the lack of the first. I was so sad when I discovered that Avalie wasn't romanceable however...
The typoes will be cleaned up. Unfortunately, a male protagonist isn't planned, but the creator did mention she wouldn't mind including some more G-G romances. She is planning a Kickstarter for August, and there might be more word then.

Heh, and tell me about it...I so wanted to romance Avalie, Penelope, or Cordelia.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

For those who liked this Demo, the Kickstarter for this game is currently going on:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/32 ... ss-problem
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

I liked Cordelia, but her obsession with proper etiquette in all things seemed to be a bit of a drag. Penelope on the other hand was such a vulnerable ingenue that I didn't know whether I wanted to protect her or corrupt her, maybe both at the same time... :twisted:

Looking over the kickstarter, the game -is- apparently being billed as a GxG/B romance, but the GxG options are kind of limited compared to the GxB options. Hopefully they'll fix that. Making Avalie, Penelope, Cordelia, Jaslen, and/or Sayra romanceable would be the easiest way to address the imbalance as it wouldn't require the creation of any new characters. Furthermore, pretty much all of of the major male characters are either romanceable or marriageable, so it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to do something similar with the female characters, as the major characters are far from the only people on the island, just the ones that most catch your interest.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

I like the concept of the game, anyone know something similar with a male protagonist?
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

ValHallen wrote:I like the concept of the game, anyone know something similar with a male protagonist?
If I find one, I will let you know.

While not the same game, something that may strike your interest is this, which unfortunately finished a while back on Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/57 ... escription
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Thats interesting, thanks Miakoda.
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

Walkerman has an interesting concept with much potential, but I'm not impressed by the demo. Not only was it very short, but it also dragged.
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

Oh dear, this is one of these games I really like. But I'll never get past character creation. Too many fun choices, but such a devastating lack of commitment on my part.
RPG Programmer for Winterwolves, currently working on: Amber's Magic Shop
Part-time emotionless AI
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I think I spent like 3h on Pillars Of Eternity character creation. Then 1h on the game (not because is bad, but because I don't have time :lol:)
pyla88
Young scout

Post by pyla88 »

P_Tigras wrote: Looking over the kickstarter, the game -is- apparently being billed as a GxG/B romance, but the GxG options are kind of limited compared to the GxB options. Hopefully they'll fix that. Making Avalie, Penelope, Cordelia, Jaslen, and/or Sayra romanceable would be the easiest way to address the imbalance as it wouldn't require the creation of any new characters. Furthermore, pretty much all of of the major male characters are either romanceable or marriageable, so it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to do something similar with the female characters, as the major characters are far from the only people on the island, just the ones that most catch your interest.
Good news! Some of the first Stretch Goals (which were filled super quickly!) were additional romances. They're new characters, so not what you envisioned, but all but one are female! One's a Hise pirate so yay to that. It's still pretty unequal, tho tbh.

A Jaslen romance would be so cool.