Giles' Journey

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
fleetp
Druid

Giles' Journey

Post by fleetp »

Link to PG13 version (no registration required)
http://www.wolflore.net/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2338

(Yes, there is an adults-only version at wolflore, free registration is required for it)

"Giles' Journey" a visual novel
Giles is a simple (but successful) goatherd and farmer, who wants to marry the local tavern-keeper's daughter.
However, the tavern-keeper would prefer that his daughter marry the wealthy merchant's son.
Nevertheless, the tavern-keeper promises to give his daughter to Giles, if Giles succeeds in completing a Quest for him.
(However, is the tavern-keeper completely scrupulous?).

Giles must go forth, for the first time in his life, into the unknown Wilderness, in order to win the hand of his lady fair.
He must gather what preliminary knowledge he can, and equip himself, to prepare for the adventure.
And then set forth ...

Will Giles succeed in winning his lady love?
Or, will his adventures with the strange and unknown creatures, people, and places he encounters along his journey lead him onto a different path?
Perhaps better? Or far, far worse?

There are multiple outcomes to this story.
You, the Player, will determine the outcome, based on the choices you make for him.

Choose wisely.
[And, Save early, and often ...]

Legal stuff:
Terms of use:
By installing, you, the end user, agree to the following terms of this agreement:
The game author expressly disclaims any warranty, expressed or implied, and accepts no responsibility for the quality or reliability of any of the games offered. He accepts no responsibility for any damages to you, your computer, or any other property, person, or corporation which results, directly or indirectly, from the downloading of, installation of, compilation of, and use of the game.
You are not authorized to upload this game to any other site for sharing without specific permission from the author.

Technical stuff:
This game requires Windows XP or newer. The compressed file contains an exe file, which your anti-virus might give a false alert.
See the readme file for troubleshooting information. If you get stuck in the game, I've included a spoilers file.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleetp
Druid

Re: Giles' Journey

Post by fleetp »

The adult version has had 11,000 downloads. ;)
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Is it free?
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

ValHallen wrote:Is it free?
Yes, both the PG13 and adult versions are free, as are all of my visual novels. Registration at wolflore is free. The adult version has a menu, allowing you to play the family friendly version. :wink:
Very respectfully,
fleetp
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

The adult version is now cross platforms (playable on Windows, MAC, and Linux systems).
The PG version is ONLY available as a Windows release.
Both version are at wolflore dot net (free registration is required to get the adult version).
Very respectfully,
fleetp
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

The combined (adult/pg13 version) is now playable on line at newgrounds (use the in-game menu to select the version).
link ->http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/689621