Goodbye to Remì

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
jack1974
Pack leader

Goodbye to Remì

Post by jack1974 »

Unfortunately, Remì, the stray cat we took in home last Summer didn't make it. We tried everything but his conditions were too bad (FIV+renal failure even in this case).
I'd like to think that after 10+ years (we didn't even know his real age!) being abandoned outside, at least he lived for 3 months experiencing food every day, warm, and human contact (which he much liked it).

"Luckily" I wasn't much attached to him after only 3 months, so at least (egoistically speaking) this time for me will be much less tragic than with Batman.
Taleweaver
Official writer

Re: Goodbye to Remì

Post by Taleweaver »

Ugh. Yeah, FIV hits a lot of strays; same thing happened to our Mambo a few years ago - same color, a half-Persian. Always sad.
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

:( Poor kitty. He does look better in the second picture, so you undoubtedly helped him a lot. Still, I'm so sorry for another loss for you.
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

It's always sad to see a lovely animal die :(. but I'm glad you made the last months of his life full of lifes comforts and companionship
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

aw, I'm sorry :cry:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The only thing we regret was that he wasn't sterilized... and because had FIV, we had to put him in a room. I mean he couldn't move freely in the house like the others. Problem is that the room was soon smelling really badly :( And we don't have any other space. So we thought to sterilize him, even if they warned us it was risky... and maybe was that. But there was no other choice :(
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

jack1974 wrote:The only thing we regret was that he wasn't sterilized... and because had FIV, we had to put him in a room. I mean he couldn't move freely in the house like the others. Problem is that the room was soon smelling really badly :( And we don't have any other space. So we thought to sterilize him, even if they warned us it was risky... and maybe was that. But there was no other choice :(
It could be, but it's not a particularly dangerous surgery, if he was unwell enough that that put him on the edge he likely would have been there any way soon enough anyway, I'm very sorry :cry: .
Svanhildr
Young scout

Post by Svanhildr »

I'm so sorry. It's always tragic to see a dear friend go. I'm still grieving over my dog that died years ago, but I'm sure we'll meet again one day.

I also just want to say thank you for taking in and taking care of so many. You have a kind heart.
Meep :3