Happy endings!

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
Maelora
Woods ranger

Happy endings!

Post by Maelora »

jack1974 wrote: Well, you didn't even say WHO you played as!!! :lol: there are some happy, some sad and some bittersweet endings, depending on who you play as.
Anne/Isabella. Yeah, I know she's an amoral floozy who was always likely to get bored and dump you, but it's frustrating that you can't get a happy ending for a gay character, because your only choice for a lesbian character is an unreliable maneater...

It also happens in the other games, with all the vague endings for Heileen with women, and the depressing ending for Loren (as I said, the Karen ending is fine).

I'm just hoping Season of the Wolf has a nicer ending. That's the game I really care about.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Roommates BETA! 0.8.5 (15.02.2014)

Post by jack1974 »

Well obviously I cannot say anything for spoilers, but considering how Chalassa personality is, I don't think you'll see a "happy ending". I'll make sure that on next games there are more happy endings for GxG romances (though for example Spirited Heart ones were all happy endings).
Maelora
Woods ranger

Post by Maelora »

Oh great. I was really looking forward to that one, too. :(
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Wait, will split this topic since is OT and put on another forum before replying!
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Happy endings!

Post by jack1974 »

OK, now let me say that you're right because by some coincidence, most (not ALL though!) recent GxG romances don't have an happy ending.

HOWEVER as you well know, my games have multiple endings, canon endings, and often when writers write the final romances, they don't know what happened in other games. So is really just a coincidence, is not like I want all the GxG romances to end badly!! :lol:

I think non-happy endings can sometimes be really beautiful too. But on one thing you're right, that recently all GxG endings seems to go towards the sad/bittersweet end.

That said, for example Elenor/Loren ending romance of course is not what really happens since there's the sequel. For SOTW, Chalassa is really a key character for the story and for the ending, plays a big role. Maybe will see if I can add an extra hard way to have a better ending :wink:
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

*nods* I can agree with Maelora if one looks at your recent releases, there are more 'sad' endings.

However, depending on the game it works. As I mentioned elsewhere in Roommates, I am okay with certain people 'moving' on, whether they were from out of country, etc.

That said, if the game does well enough, who knows, you may decide to have some more romances in an expansion...and could make them happy :D
Maelora
Woods ranger

Post by Maelora »

Problem is, all the GxG ones are sad. Bittersweet endings might be okay if you had a choice or an alternative (I liked the option in the expansion where you or Loren didn't have to sacrifice yourselves).

But as it stands, if your a lady who likes ladies, you're guaranteed not to walk off into the sunset together.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ok but not all the games, as I said Spirited Heart Girl's Love had many happy endings. Planet Stronghold endings were all a bit open/vague, but the Lisa/Michelle wasn't sad.
Nicole yuri will have happy endings. Amber's Magic Shop will have a mix, but ALSO happy endings.
SOTW, ahem, will try to see if I can change/allow an alternate ending! :wink:

So don't worry is just a coincidence of the last few games but not a rule of my games/stories. It was my fault, probably was too busy with so many games that I didn't spot this issue, thanks for letting me know!!
Maelora
Woods ranger

Post by Maelora »

Appreciate it, Jack. And yes, I'll definitely get Yuri Nicole when it come out, I really was looking forward to that one.

It would be really nice to have a less gloomy ending for SotW, even if we have to work hard to get it!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I think I have an idea, I can do a sidequest that will be difficult but allow a change to that ending. Will talk with the writer about it of course. I'll try to do my best :mrgreen: