the cat of Tom Shatz :D

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
P_Tigras
Druid

Re: the cat of Tom Shatz :D

Post by P_Tigras »

jack1974 wrote:Haha that's a nice idea, I could add it to Loren 2. Maybe can ask even PS2 artist if she can draw something like that, she likes cats too :)
They could be at war with the cute rat men... :evil:
Madance wrote:Hum... I just thought of something!

I demand a new race of Werecats in some new game! But not like the Nekos that are so common in anime, but really more Cats look-a-like. And since everyone it's far more focused in the Nekos, it would be totally different!^__^
(And before anyone says anything, the Werecats actually exist in some Pen-and-Paper RPGs, so, it wouldn't be much of a stretch if they appear in, I don't know, maybe some of new game that is in Aravorn. To be more different than the Rpg's, there could be Werelions, Weretigers, Werelynx... you name it!)

Besides, I loved Othello in the Bionic Heart 1 and 2, I really want to see some kitten again T__T
Speaking of RPG's, I recall that White Wolf's old werewolf game had the Bubasti, or children of the cat goddess Bast. They were werecats of Egyptian origin with pure black fur and a talent for magic as well as a dark reputation. They weren't the most physically powerful shape-shifters, but they made up for it by being subtle and cunning. For example, rather then tackling a temple of Setite vampires head on, they'd manipulate a pack of werewolves into thinking it was their own idea to charge off and do battle with the vampires. The game also had werelions, weretigers and werelynxes, as well as werejaguars, werecougars and wereleopards/panthers. There was also a semi-extinct were-faerie cat too.
Last edited by P_Tigras on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes there are those creatures who are rarely used in RPGs, mostly you see werewolves or wererats, but not those other half-breed / human-cat mixes. I think will ask artist to do something like that as enemies once he has finished the main characters works :)
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

jack1974 wrote:Yes there are those creatures who are rarely used in RPGs, mostly you see werewolves or wererats, but not those other half-breed / human-cat mixes. I think will ask artist to do something like that as enemies once he has finished the main characters works :)
As long as she's romanceable... :wink:

:mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo :lol:
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

jack1974 wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo :lol:
I was just teasing, but that actually wouldn't be a bad idea. Werecats, when they do appear in film and fiction, tend to have a reputation for being rather sensual. You could keep it to flirting as a form of manipulation, to get what she wants from Saren/Elenor. The romance can wait until Loren 3 however, since you've already got a full plate of romances for Loren 2. :wink:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes well that's sure :) and was joking, I like the idea of some half man/woman, half cat, would be an interesting character for sure if drawn well. Even Selith in the beginning was scary in my mind. A half-lizardmen woman? how could be that sexy? and instead now she's one of my fav characters/romances.
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

jack1974 wrote:Yes well that's sure :) and was joking, I like the idea of some half man/woman, half cat, would be an interesting character for sure if drawn well. Even Selith in the beginning was scary in my mind. A half-lizardmen woman? how could be that sexy? and instead now she's one of my fav characters/romances.
At least a werecat can shift into human, or maybe elven, form. I still haven't quite warmed up to Selith. Heck, she probably isn't even warm-blooded. And scales just aren't my thing, but I'll try to keep an open mind.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

P_Tigras wrote:Haha that's a nice idea, I could add it to Loren 2. Maybe can ask even PS2 artist if she can draw something like that, she likes cats too For example, rather then tackling a temple of Setite vampires head on, they'd manipulate a pack of werewolves into thinking it was their own idea to charge off and do battle with the vampires. The game also had werelions, weretigers and werelynxes, as well as werejaguars, werecougars and wereleopards/panthers. There was also a semi-extinct were-faerie cat too.
I was always partial to the Ceilican myself ;)

And how could you forget the werecheetahs ^_^
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

Miakoda wrote:
P_Tigras wrote: For example, rather then tackling a temple of Setite vampires head on, they'd manipulate a pack of werewolves into thinking it was their own idea to charge off and do battle with the vampires. The game also had werelions, weretigers and werelynxes, as well as werejaguars, werecougars and wereleopards/panthers. There was also a semi-extinct were-faerie cat too.
I was always partial to the Ceilican myself ;)
Love em and leave em type are you? :wink: These mysterious kitties are wild and fun, but have an annoying tendancy to disappear once you start getting attached...
And how could you forget the werecheetahs ^_^
I have no idea, but you're right. They were the were-cat tribe most in touch with the spirit world in the old game.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Love em and leave em type are you?
Changeling was my favorite line after Werewolf.

Now it makes me want to dig up my Rokea supermodel ;)