other indies recomendation

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: other indies recomendation

Post by Franka »

It's full of design flaws and feels largely unfinished. But it does have its moments.
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I'm a fan of strategy-rpg type of battle systems. Alas, it's unlikely I will play Shadowrun Returns anytime soon since my graphics card severely limits what games I can play.
nullzero
Young scout

Post by nullzero »

Miakoda wrote:I liked Shadowrun Returns, but as Jack1974 said, it is a bit of a mixed bag. Even though I have it on Steam, I think I will get it on GoG as well (what can I say, I do prefer the DRM free alternative, but when released it was only on Steam).
They have it GOG (DRM free) now, and also Humble Store (DRM Free + steam + linux) ;)
nullzero
Young scout

Post by nullzero »

also, has anyone tried Driftmoon? The reviews are good at GOG (comparing it to Ultima7) and I saw it in the Groupees Christmas bubdle...
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Driftmoon? Some time back I tried the demo. Was not what I wanted. Felt it was too slow. But maybe checkout the demo yourself, you can get it from desura. (maybe other place too, not sure.)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

Has anybody played FTL? Unfortunately there is no demo for me to try it out myself before making a purchase.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I played it and is a good game, lots of replayability, however for my tastes is really too hard. Very often I felt like the game was out of my control, and that I lost unfairly. But I don't have much patience for games nowadays :)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I'm cautious about roguelikes, as they are notorious for their unforgiving nature, but I am intrigued by the options you have in managing your ship. I think I might wait until a little later.

I have been playing the demo of side-scrolling beat 'em up called Aces Wild and considering buying the full version. It can get pretty hectic with a a lot going on the screen at once, but hit detections feels right and the controls are tight.
candesco
Young scout

Post by candesco »

Surprising that none has mentioned Path of Exile.
Path of Exile is an online action RPG. You can play it alone, although there is a PvP option. There is a little shop as well, but that's mostly cosmetic things. Complete optional.
PoE is made by Griding Gear Games. It's set in the world of Wraeclast, a dark and unwelcoming region. You can choose from six classes and there is also a seventh one (but that one is unlocked near the end)
PoE is a free 2 play game. http://www.pathofexile.com/

An other indie of note is Legend of Grimrock, which is a dungeon crawler.
It's made by Almost Human. http://www.grimrock.net/
A sequel seems to be coming. Legend of Grimrock is avalable on Steam and on Good Old Games.

For those who like survival horror games, try Amnesia: The Dark Descent from Frictional Games.
http://www.amnesiagame.com/#main
There is also a sequel now called Amnesia: A machine for pigs. Frictional Games are also the ones behind Dear Esther.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Card City Nights just appeared a few days ago, and is half price on Steam for the first week ($2 or €2 because Europeans must be fleeced). It's a really entertaining small collectible card game that has some nice strategy and wonderfully quirky art and humour.

I recommend it if you're into (light) CCGs. At that price you can hardly be disappointed.