other indies recomendation

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Re: other indies recomendation

Post by Miakoda »

Card City Nights is a good card game, and for a good price.

I squee'ed to see that on the next go around for Greenlight, Cinders made it (I already own it, but will see if they give out a Steam key for buying it direct). Saw one that definitely caught my interest, Ghost Control as well.

Seeing how Cinders made it, definitely the fast Greenlight I think for a visual novel...
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Card City Nights got a post game content update! 7 new cards to obtain/craft. I love this game so much....

Even though it's full price now, that's still just $4/€4 for a really fun collectible card game.
Solvus
Young scout

Post by Solvus »

Ever heard of Choice of Games: http://www.choiceofgames.com/category/our-games/
http://www.choiceofgames.com/category/user-made-games/

It's a text based game you can play on most devices with apps or just a computer, link above you can play a trail run of the games.

Most recommended is(I bought and played 90% of the games):
Choice of the Deathless
Slammed!
Heroes Rise and sequel --> Heroes Rise: The Hero Project
Tin Star
Way Walkers: University and sequel --> Way Walkers: University 2
Zombie Exodus

You can check the forum for WIP(works in progress) seeing some of the games getting developed and help the gamer maker various ways when you can play their demo etc.

Also Celso an idea to toss out there maybe Vera Blanc can be revived in text game instead of a VN?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well is not a bad idea, though personally I would like to actually SEE Vera Blanc at work... :wink: and I think many players too! :mrgreen:
Solvus
Young scout

Post by Solvus »

"The ORPHEUS Ruse" is the closest game I think has similar setting vibe to Vera Blanc and "Unnatural" the part where you die a lot if you don't have the right skills etc. to encounter attacks and such.
jack1974 wrote:Well is not a bad idea, though personally I would like to actually SEE Vera Blanc at work... :wink: and I think many players too! :mrgreen:
I thought there was a small scope of people wanting Vera Blanc to continue :shock:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha sorry it was a badly done joke, I meant that a pure text game wouldn't show Vera's beauty, and that was one of the things that the FEW people who like the series would like to see :mrgreen:
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

Solvus wrote:"The ORPHEUS Ruse" is the closest game I think has similar setting vibe to Vera Blanc and "Unnatural" the part where you die a lot if you don't have the right skills etc. to encounter attacks and such.
jack1974 wrote:Well is not a bad idea, though personally I would like to actually SEE Vera Blanc at work... :wink: and I think many players too! :mrgreen:
I thought there was a small scope of people wanting Vera Blanc to continue :shock:
The Vera Blanc games have a following. My most recent fan-made visual novel, Vera Blanc and the Queen of Kor has had 2486 downloads since it was released in December 2013, and yes, I would LOVE to see Jack release another 'official' Vera Blanc game.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
Solvus
Young scout

Post by Solvus »

jack1974 wrote:Haha sorry it was a badly done joke, I meant that a pure text game wouldn't show Vera's beauty, and that was one of the things that the FEW people who like the series would like to see :mrgreen:
Believe me I thought text games wouldn't amount to much, but I was very wrong the games are very addicting to play. I know but I really like the story of the Vera Blanc which ended on a CLIFF HANGER :cry:
But I'll wait til then

To fleetp
I tried but my computer would play/run the game...ever, I have a crappy pc, just a few months to buy a better one to try your games again.
Solvus
Young scout

Post by Solvus »

Hey Jack have you ever hear or try the game Mystic Messenger, if not please please try it, be warned your sleep schedule will be disrupted.

As I said earlier in the post, this company is based in Korea and made two other otome type game in Visual novel format for PC, Dandelion and Nameless. This time they made a otome game for mobile phone only.

This game is great in so many ways, the style, format, all those features is so COOL, easy to use, constantly updating, it has a DLC Christmas
They totally change the way otome games are made.
Never had a phone game that made me smile and laugh so much. :lol: aaannd shock etc

A heads up, there is one good ending and 3 bad ending for each character total of 20 endings as, plus "secret" endings and DLC endings
I really hope there is a Valentine Day DLC XD

BTW Jaehee Kang is my FAVORITE
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The concept is interesting indeed, maybe I should make a "yuri version" :wink:. Also, 45 euros in-app purchase!? haha and people complain about my mobile game prices... :lol: