Persona! (was Loren: The Sequel)

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
Franka
Elder Druid

Persona! (was Loren: The Sequel)

Post by Franka »

The thing about the original Persona 4 is that the pacing is all over the place. Even though Loren is somewhat longish for an indie, it isn't padded, and there aren't stretches of time where you're forced to sit through non-essential events that may be hit or miss. Don't get me wrong, I love Persona 4, but when it comes to storytelling, the dry patches and the dumb as nails kids spelling out every little bit of progress they've made several times over made it drag horribly in places. Then things happened that made you love it all over again, and the dumb kids were suddenly the most adorable things in the world. That's not good pacing.

I still want to play Golden, but my wallet can't justify buying a Vita just for that.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Loren: The Sequel

Post by jack1974 »

I have Persona4 for PS2, but (horror) I never played it. I bought both 3-4, and started the 3, but I forgot how PAINFUL were the loading times of the PS2. So basically I gave up, couldn't justify wasting all that precious time on loading screens :oops:
I understand what you mean SpectralTime, and for sure is how you say. But since I'm offering adjustable difficulty levels I still think that it is unjustified - there are too many battles in one point of the game? you can just play some of them (or all) in Easy mode and each fight lasts just a couple of minutes :)
ankewl
Young scout

Post by ankewl »

jack1974 wrote:I have Persona4 for PS2, but (horror) I never played it. I bought both 3-4, and started the 3, but I forgot how PAINFUL were the loading times of the PS2. So basically I gave up, couldn't justify wasting all that precious time on loading screens :oops:
Jack go and play P3 and P4 using the PCSX2 emulator!! Benefits include the crispy textures, next to nil loading times and the best feature: Save anywhere! Would be 2 great games to play through your free time (what little there might be :lol: )

Here, this should get you started:

Code: Select all

http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php?title=Shin_Megami_Tensei:_Persona_3
Btw just search for Playstation 2 BIOS Pack for the bios. :mrgreen:
krisslanza
Young scout

Post by krisslanza »

jack1974 wrote:I have Persona4 for PS2, but (horror) I never played it. I bought both 3-4, and started the 3, but I forgot how PAINFUL were the loading times of the PS2. So basically I gave up, couldn't justify wasting all that precious time on loading screens :oops:
I understand what you mean SpectralTime, and for sure is how you say. But since I'm offering adjustable difficulty levels I still think that it is unjustified - there are too many battles in one point of the game? you can just play some of them (or all) in Easy mode and each fight lasts just a couple of minutes :)
You can get Persona 3 Portable on the PSP, which probably has better load times. I'm biased in that P3P also has a female protagonist, and she's awesome :lol:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

krisslanza wrote:You can get Persona 3 Portable on the PSP, which probably has better load times. I'm biased in that P3P also has a female protagonist, and she's awesome :lol:
You speak truth.

...even if romancing Ken is creepy as all hell...
krisslanza
Young scout

Post by krisslanza »

Franka wrote:
krisslanza wrote:You can get Persona 3 Portable on the PSP, which probably has better load times. I'm biased in that P3P also has a female protagonist, and she's awesome :lol:
You speak truth.

Well that's why I only did Aigis, Fuuka, Mitsuru, Yukari... :lol:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

krisslanza wrote:
Franka wrote:
You speak truth.

Well that's why I only did Aigis, Fuuka, Mitsuru, Yukari... :lol:
Ah, but those are not romance options for the awesome female protagonist. Except Aigis, and that is technically not a romance. :wink:
Carmentis
Young scout

Post by Carmentis »

Franka wrote:
You speak truth.

Creepy? Psh, I aimed for him first! Shotacon fan girl here!

Mmmm~ How I loooveeee blushing guys~ So sweet~ I want to eat. him. up!~
SpectralTime
Woods ranger

Post by SpectralTime »

...I apologize most profusely for this chain of events.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha thread successfully derailed! 8) no problems, there's still time and can start another one.