Hopping to a Sale!

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
4LeafClover
Young scout

Hopping to a Sale!

Post by 4LeafClover »

I have waited for some time before I finally got anxious enough to start a thread about this :) I am hoping to see a Winter Wolves Christmas sale. And I believe many of the fans also want to see a sale right?

So if Jack will reveal to us his plans for a sale? When and where will be it and which games will be on sale?

Helps us to plan our money in advance ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Hopping to a Sale!

Post by jack1974 »

I'll have two main things: a Facebook quiz to give away some free games (I do it mostly to get more Facebook likes) and an event together with other indies: there will be Planet Stronghold 75% off and Loren 50% off, but I don't know much myself about this event, I know will start the 21st December (heh) and will last 90 days. As soon as I have more info about it will spread the word on the various social media.

I might do some other promotion myself though the Christmas / New Eve week (24th to 31st December), a coupon with a good discount valid for all my games. When there are some events done together with other indies I need to pick specific games, but when I do promo myself I try to make offer valid for all games, since often happens that people already own one of the games the discount is valid for :)
4LeafClover
Young scout

Post by 4LeafClover »

I do not use any form online social media, except I visit various forums. I am not sure but the impression I get is you rely on twitter and facebook to do most of your advertising. And I have been following your tweets closely.

Seeing that I already own Loren, I will have to settle for the discount coupon valid for all your games. When that happens, you can probably count on my support. Leaning towards the Heileen series since it is the newest one and thus I believe will be the most polished until the PS and Loren squeals come out.

And some info about my gaming habits use, I have accounts on GoG and Steam, and I am a Windows user.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Just spoke with the dev friend running that mega bundle, my games will be there from next month. So for Christmas will do a general coupon discount offer instead :) Will probably send out a newsletter at the same time when Heileen 3 is officially released, which should be really soon now!
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Glad to hear there is going to be a sale for people, won't help me much since this made me realize, that since first finding WW games back in may, I now own most of Jack's games, and that groupees bundle finished off the ones I hadn't already bought full price.

I'll still probably pick some up as a little something extra as prezzies for people.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'll send the newsletter tomorrow (USA time, today in about 5-6h for Europeans!) with the official Heileen 3 announcement and the coupon code. The discount coupon will be: XMAS and will give 50% discount on one game - note that if you buy a bundle, like Spirited Heart+Girl's Love, or all the 3 Heileen games, the coupon won't work (because there's already an automated discount for those games and the system doesn't allow it).
I think the coupon is already working... so Merry Christmas 8)

p.s. forgot, the discount doesn't work on Heileen 3 of course, since it has just been released! Maybe was obvious but want to be clear :lol:
4LeafClover
Young scout

Post by 4LeafClover »

What is the expiry date of the discount code? I will want to play some demos first before I decide to buy. And could you post up a link here to the newsletter when it is out?
And what happens if we do try to enter the code for Hileen 3 or some other new game? Will that cause the code to expire with no effect?
Last edited by 4LeafClover on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The coupon lasts until end of the year so there should be time :) I just sent the newsletter a few minutes ago, you should have got it ?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

4LeafClover wrote: And what happens if we do try to enter the code for Hileen 3 or some other new game? Will that cause the code to expire with no effect?
No since is a "standard code" it won't expire if you use it "wrongly" :) will only expire at the end of the year.
reader
Young scout

Post by reader »

Thanks for the sale and the information about the Cinders sale as well. A great time to pick up some games.