Druid

Re: Development thread (yuri)

Post by kadakithis » Mon May 02, 2016 12:29 pm

I would buy it ^^

Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen » Mon May 02, 2016 6:20 pm

jack1974 wrote:Well, there's one in the works right now, Love Bites. And from what I've read I think will be even more scary than Nicole :)
Yeah, but the art style is not that appealing. :(

It sucks to have to cancel a game, though waiting years after release for an alternate version kind of kills a lot of enthusiasm from the crowd that could have bled over from the original. From our perspective we aren't getting it either way - but by canceling at least we know to stop waiting.

I know firsthand how difficult it can be to write a large project and how sometimes you just get stuck. I've also found the longer a project takes the more I struggle writing because I start getting bored after dealing with the same material for months on end.
jack1974 wrote:The worst thing for me is when someone stops any communications. In the past I was chasing them, now if I don't hear anything after 4-5 weeks and the person didn't warn me beforehand, I automatically consider that person "missing in action" and look elsewhere :)
It's one thing to have writer's block. It's another entirely to just not communicate what is going on. Often times other people can help come up with ideas to break the block, or approach from a different angle.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Mon May 02, 2016 7:05 pm

Troyen wrote: Yeah, but the art style is not that appealing. :(
That's a personal taste. I like both, though of course Nicole's artist is more manga-ish :)
Troyen wrote:It sucks to have to cancel a game, though waiting years after release for an alternate version kind of kills a lot of enthusiasm from the crowd that could have bled over from the original.
That's why I'm not going to announce officially anything from now on, until the game is a few months before it's finished. Or if I know the people working on it, and I'm 99% sure it will be done soon.

I honestly am not sure why there's such enthusiasm about Nicole yuri though. Don't get me wrong, it's cool for me as creator, but I think this "enthusiasm" is more frustration since the game had so many problems and I had to delay it several times. The otome was done November 2013. So even if by miracle the game came out November this year, would be 3 years. Now there's:
Amber, Undead Lily and Queen Of Thieves were all announced in 2011 - so that's FIVE years. Though at least I have reliable people working on all those 3 games, so the wait shouldn't be much longer.

Anyway, in future will be much more careful and also much more serious/professional. You don't reply to me in 2 weeks? Sorry, replaced. It's only replacing several writers,artists, etc that I got that bunch of people who are super reliable :)

Falchion
Young scout

Post by Falchion » Mon May 02, 2016 7:33 pm

jack1974 wrote:I honestly am not sure why there's such enthusiasm about Nicole yuri though.
While they exist, it's still pretty rare to find a dedicated yuri game (and even rarer when this was announced), much less one with good art, alternate routes, and actual plot beyond being a simple dating sim.

That's what keeps me wanting it, at least. I'm interested in some of your other upcoming games, of course, but this is still the one I'd like to see the most.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Mon May 02, 2016 7:56 pm

OK I see. I'll have more games like that in future. Just the RPGs will be like this. And I'll make sure to have a "VN mode" for those who don't like the RPG combats :)

Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 » Mon May 02, 2016 8:41 pm

Falchion wrote:
jack1974 wrote:I honestly am not sure why there's such enthusiasm about Nicole yuri though.
While they exist, it's still pretty rare to find a dedicated yuri game (and even rarer when this was announced), much less one with good art, alternate routes, and actual plot beyond being a simple dating sim.
Same here for me, you can not even walk out the door without tripping over otome and yioa games. Great yuri games are rare indeed, not the basic fanservice "yuri" routes. That is why I support as many devs as I can when they do a yuri game. I put my money where my mouth is with KS and Patreon and buying the games directly from the developer.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Mon May 02, 2016 8:57 pm

Well if you mean exclusive Yuri games, OK.

Otherwise I made the following games who have ALSO yuri content:
The Heileen trilogy
Spirited Heart Girl's Love
Planet Stronghold + PSCD
Loren
Roommates
SOTW

and currently in practice all the games I have in development except for Heirs & Graces and Never Forget Me have yuri contents :)

Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 » Mon May 02, 2016 11:09 pm

jack1974 wrote:Well if you mean exclusive Yuri games, OK.

The Heileen trilogy
Planet Stronghold + PSCD
Loren
Roommates
SOTW

and currently in practice all the games I have in development except for Heirs & Graces and Never Forget Me have yuri contents :)
You are one of the good guys Jack why I like throwing my money at you! XD we were just making a statement ^_^. But yah straight yuri games are rare (That is not eroge and even still then lol)

DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf » Tue May 03, 2016 1:02 am

jack1974 wrote:Well if you mean exclusive Yuri games, OK.

The Heileen trilogy
Planet Stronghold + PSCD
Loren
Roommates
SOTW

If we are talking just about your games then yes there are a lot of games with Yuri content but if we are talking in general then number of Yuri games is low and even lover when it comes to good games that are not just a fan-service/hentai etc. And then there is a good part of Yuri games witch is actually a friendship route. On the other hand there is quite a lot of Yuri fans witch results in enthusiasm, as for why there is more of it then with other of your upcoming yuri titles that is because the closer the release date is the more people tend to look forward to it and Nicole seems like it has always been just a little outside of rich like a carrot and a stick.