Desktop Mobile Forums Blog Support Patreon

development thread

A steampunk RPG
jack1974
Pack leader

development thread

Postby jack1974 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:01 am

HA! Surprise :mrgreen:
Since the story is in such advanced state, I think I can start a development thread. This doesn't mean the game is out soon!
Even if the full story was ready NOW (which is not the case) I would still need to design all the RPG part, finish the art (and there are a LOT of CGs!), the backgrounds, the music, bla bla.

However as you can imagine, just having the full story finished will be already a big milestone :)
Fen is going to have to "transpose" the story into Ren'Py format since he wrote it as a normal screenplay, and that will take probably 2-3 months since he's also going to review/edit it.

Pace675
Druid

Re: development thread

Postby Pace675 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:59 pm

jack1974 wrote:HA! Surprise :mrgreen:
However as you can imagine, just having the full story finished will be already a big milestone :)
Fen is going to have to "transpose" the story into Ren'Py format since he wrote it as a normal screenplay, and that will take probably 2-3 months since he's also going to review/edit it.

Hmmm isn't Fen's word count past 300k for this 'little' game? :shock: Sooo 6 months for transposition!(And editing omg that is several dozen novels there o.0)

jack1974
Pack leader

Postby jack1974 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:55 pm

It's around 300k, however that is the word-processor wordcount. Every time there's "narrator" or any character name, or any note, is counted. So it's not the Ren'py "exact" wordcount. I often laughed when other companies (which I won't name...) said "50,000 words!" but they were including the GAME CODE :lol:
My games are the biggest in the world! stop :mrgreen:
Jokes apart even if the exact wordcount won't be 300k, should be quite close. Past 250k for sure :shock:

Miakoda
Elder Druid

Postby Miakoda » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:52 pm

jack1974 wrote:It's around 300k, however that is the word-processor wordcount. Every time there's "narrator" or any character name, or any note, is counted. So it's not the Ren'py "exact" wordcount. I often laughed when other companies (which I won't name...) said "50,000 words!" but they were including the GAME CODE :lol:

That's why when I make an estimate on wordcount, I always subtract 10-15% of the overall number to account for things like character names, renpy codes etc.

Return to “Roger Steel”