change of artist...

A steampunk RPG
jack1974
Pack leader

change of artist...

Post by jack1974 »

Unfortunately, the current artist can't work on the game anymore :( he just emailed me with his reasons.
Anyway, he already made the main cast, so the current plan for now is use PSCD artist to do all the romance CGs: so at least those are done! Even if the art style is different, is common in games to have the CG done by a different artist (see SOTW for example).
Then after all the romance CGs are done, we'll see if to redo the main cast as well, or try keeping the existing art. Is a pity because I really liked his style, but even PSCD artist is quite good, so at least it's not all bad news!
Jaeger
Druid

Re: change of artist...

Post by Jaeger »

It's unfortunate that the original artist could stay for the entire project. As long as the clash of styles isn't so jarring, you can still use your old art assets.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Luckily PSCD artist has a painted style too. But as said I'll have him first do all the romance CG, which are a LOT (there are 2 variants for each one!!). And meanwhile will think what to do, since doing those will keep him busy for at least 2-3 months. The previous artist had some issues that prevented him from working as fast as needed, but maybe while the new one finishes the romance CG, he could finish the remaining secondary characters, this way nothing would be really lost, just a different artist for the romance CG which is very common :)
Katicflis
Young scout

Post by Katicflis »

I actually wasn't crazy about the original Roger Steel art, but I AM of Dennis' art so this makes me happy.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'll post some images in the coming months. There are some characters that turned out really well, and in particular those looking for "tougher males" won't be disappointed :)
Katicflis
Young scout

Post by Katicflis »

You're a hero! I'll hold off on begging for a Loren: The Rugged Lumberjacks of Fate expansion. :D
Ryocchi
Woods ranger

Post by Ryocchi »

jack1974 wrote:I'll post some images in the coming months. There are some characters that turned out really well, and in particular those looking for "tougher males" won't be disappointed :)
Dayum!!! excited as hell =D
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Sad to hear that the artist had to go, was really looking forward to this game. Well there are a few other games that I am still eagerly waiting for with baited breath.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well, wait to see the art first. Dennis this time used a mix of painted like PSCD but with lineart. The result is quite good I think :)
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Then we will seen then. I am hoping for the best XD.