Sneak Preview #17: So... where were we?

A steampunk RPG
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Sneak Preview #17: So... where were we?

Post by jack1974 »

I was also wondering: since the artist is the same, do you prefer the art of Roger Steel, or the art style of Volleyball Heaven? same artist, she just did two different styles, RS should be more "realistic", while VBH more stylized/classic manga.
Katicflis
Young scout

Post by Katicflis »

I think if her nose aligned with the top of her lip better and her eyebrows were more traditional, feminine eyebrows it'd go over better for me(slanted, slightly arched brows instead of the frown part of a frownie face). I prefer this style for the clothes detailing and coloration but the other style seems to do better with the faces, so I dunno.
Player00013
Young scout

Post by Player00013 »

jack1974 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:12 am Image
Lol, spent 30-45 minutes to do this thing! however not a problem, since today heat is so insane that probably I'm not going to code anything :(
Why do they all look so old? Just the main characters and the bxb and gxg only options look around in their 20s but the rest look around 35, just my opinion, I usually play just for the gxg and bxb routes so it's not a problem for me, the girls don't look bad but the other guys seem kinda old
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Post by SimonStardust »

Player00013 wrote:Why do they all look so old?
I can't speak for the developer/artist/writer, but I guess that is because they are supposed to be that old.
And while I can clearly see it not suiting everyone, there are also people like me who totally like some older love interests. It's all about tastes and with tastes there is no right or wrong.
So... some characters are older, some of them are younger. I think there is something in store for everyone of us. ^^
Beware! Peerons ahead! xD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'm 43 and whenever I read "he looks OLD, he's 35!" I am dying a little inside... :lol:
I seem to remember that Fen posted the various characters ages in forums but I can't seem to find the post anymore :( anyway, some are supposed to look a bit older, and other not look like the "classic top-model romantic character" (like Cristina). But of course if that's not what the majority of players want, I'll change this in future (I'll base this on SALES, not people posting in forums, since that's not the majority of people).
In other words I'll be forced to ignore people saying I need to put more not perfect looking characters. C'est la vie :)
Asonder
Young scout

Post by Asonder »

Well, *I* think they look just fine :P I mean the art has been redone, what? Two or three times now? And nobody could agree on what looked good for any of them? So yeah, totally fine.

I think I found at least part of the post you're talking about. Fen explained that Anne and Christina are 21, Neville is 24, and Arthur is 19-20. For Neville I think it's just the beard that makes him look older. Also I seem to remember something about Roger being in his 30s? And that Svetlana won't actually reveal her age? Can't find any specific post for that though, so maybe I just made it up :?

Edit: OH WAIT found it.
[From writer's docs:

Ann - 21
Arthur - 19 (so I think DEFINITELY the laugh lines needs to be removed!!)
Christina - 21
Neville - 26
Svetlana - 22
Roger Steel - 30
Mei Ling - won't say/doesn't know - but between 18 and 24 probably; looks young but tough beyond her years
Hamilton - 28 - but looks older, more weathered than RS!
Anja - 18 (twin of Abhay - facially identical)
Abhay - 18 (twin of Anja - facially identical)

So I actually don't know where I read that the characters "must look older". Maybe was just in my mind :lol: Only Roger Steel is 30! /quote]
All hail Rei's booty.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah good, I wasn't dreaming then :lol: thanks for finding out the post!
I think roger steel as 30 is OK. Maybe Hamilton looks more older, but I think mainly depends on art style. For Neville probably the beard is a bit misleading :P
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Love it when the "OLD" characters are younger than me so totally agree Jack. As the years go by I start to feel I can't be the hero who saves the world anymore and am reduced to the dad character or heaven forbid the old man NPC.
Zeta123
Young scout

Post by Zeta123 »

They do look older here compared to the first art style. I think it's because of the harsher shading?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that could be the main reason indeed.