Art thread

A steampunk RPG
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Art thread

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I noticed the different boot lengths too. However in the game they'll be rarely seen (will be shown mostly waist-up).
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

will be shown mostly waist-up
Ohh no! *That* is not what I wanted. :-( She has nice legs, even though the boots...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well is not a choice ! when the characters talk normally in my games are shown waist up. However I have all the characters drawn in fullbody because was thinking to show that as paperdoll in the inventory/character screen (without wearable armor obviously, that would take too much time).
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Arthur design remember me of a mexican novela, but we finally have a protagonist with some kind of facial hair!
Spoiler:
SpectralTime
Woods ranger

Post by SpectralTime »

I don't mean to rag on the art too much but...

I like the design, because epalettes are wonderful and so is facial hair even if that stupid faux-hawk haircut can die choking on whatever genitalia it finds most degrading and offensive, but the execution is a little... off. The proportions of his mouth are way too wide, extending past the ends of his eyes and brows, and his features seem a little too chiseled for a boyish younger brother character.

Not sure what else to say but... it's probably the weakest one so far.
Asonder
Young scout

Post by Asonder »

SpectralTime wrote: the execution is a little... off. The proportions of his mouth are way too wide, extending past the ends of his eyes and brows, and his features seem a little too chiseled for a boyish younger brother character.
Agreed. I was trying to figure out what was bothering me about it, just realized it's the mouth/the lines around it. I think the artist did a little too well in giving him a devilish look, he looks a bit older than he seems meant to be. I actually thought for a second that he was supposed to be a villain :oops: It's not a huge problem, I'm sure I'll get used to it. Buuuut if you're planning on tweaking it anyway, might be something to keep in mind :)
All hail Rei's booty.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes could be it. Though remember: is not like he'll be always smiling like that :lol: Of course in the game there'll be the various facial expressions, so that's something that can be tweaked without problems. Probably should have asked him to draw all of them in neutral face, but is a bit too late now. Anyway, Fen and I will make sure he doesn't look too odd in his default/normal expression!
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Hmm. Compared to a certain real life person called Steven Tyler (singer of Aerosmith), I don't think that mouth is too off. I'm all for devilish looks for a devilish character.
Asonder
Young scout

Post by Asonder »

Just popped in to say I just saw Roger and hotdamn. I am not disappointed :)

His introduction did raise a few questions for me though. Feel free to not answer them if they're spoilers. Ooorrr do answer them 8)

1) How old are the characters supposed to be? I think FenCayne mentioned the ages of the four main characters somewhere, but what about the others? Roger especially looks older than I was expecting, which I guess makes sense considering his seemingly long career. Could just be the art style though. I think it could be interesting if Ann/Arthur and their friends were considered the "babies" of the group.

2) Will there be other party members besides the sibling and the romanceable characters? Not that I'm opposed to the idea of traveling around with nothing but attractive men and ladies, but... :mrgreen:

3) In Roger's description it says something about him rescuing the "surviving" sibling and their friends after an ambush. Could just be a mistype, but I was curious as to what this means? Is our sibling not present for most of the game?

Anyway. Looks really promising so far, I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for more updates.
All hail Rei's booty.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Asonder wrote:
3) In Roger's description it says something about him rescuing the "surviving" sibling and their friends after an ambush. Could just be a mistype, but I was curious as to what this means? Is our sibling not present for most of the game?
The NPC sibling is kidnapped by the guys who were harassing Anne