Sneak Preview #18 – Spies Like Us

A steampunk RPG
MarSel
Druid

Re: Sneak Preview #18 – Spies Like Us

Post by MarSel »

jack1974 wrote:There are 10 party members, including the two brothers (but since they're separated early, is more likely to say there are 9 party members). So the other 8 party members beside the main characters are ALL romanceable, divided into:
2 gay only males
2 lesbian only females
2 straight male/female
2 bisex male/female
at least we got the romance balanced already :wink: I am going to post a "romance graph" like I did for the other games but since I don't have any art yet, it will need to wait a bit :)
Sounds like the romance part is all sorted :)
What about the Friendship part? Is there a Friendship ending with each? like the ones who can't be romanced by say Ann can be "friendshiped"? Is there a going to be a CG for the friendship end? (I know that would increase the art ten fold though. Just curious since I think it would add something new since hasn't been done in your games before.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I think Fen has planned the friendship even for non romance character, as for the CG yes that could be done, this time should be able to have a good idea of the amount of art needed before commissioning the artist since the script should be at good point by the time he can work on this (still need to commission lot of art for the SOTW game).
ChaosMorning
Young scout

Post by ChaosMorning »

Getting so pumped for this (really loving the steampunk super spy feels this game is going to have) - can't wait to hear more about the companions, with or without art (leaves a bit up to the imagination!).

So, we know most of the companions now:
-Christina Mortimer
-Neville Mortimer
-Roger Steel
-Svetlana Ruskaya
-Yu Mei Ling
-Hamilton Ruff

Could you tell us which character romance routes are available for which protagonist?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

edit: I removed the image I posted, showing a romance chart, since even the writer said is outdated. I'll post a more up to date one when he gives me the OK. Bad move on my part :mrgreen:
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

jack1974 wrote:Sorry removed the image since is outdated and don't want to cause confusion :lol:
So there is going to be less hetero romance than homo?
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

So there is Gay Prince, but a straight Princess?, not even Bi. hmm not sure how I feel about that, but I'm sure you and Fen have your reasons in the writing. :(

Other then that, I like the list, I'm surprised at the number of ones I was able to guess :lol:
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

ValHallen wrote:
There will be 4 romances for both Anna and Arthur so it's equal actually.
FenCayne
Young scout

Post by FenCayne »

Sylrissa wrote:So there is Gay Prince, but a straight Princess?, not even Bi. hmm not sure how I feel about that, but I'm sure you and Fen have your reasons in the writing. :(
I just happened to see this (and there are a lot of other great comments I want to address in this thread and others but haven't got the time right now) and want to say that the info is quite out of date (it's a very early design doc from when I was trying to create characters and their backgrounds alongside their sexual preferences to make for balanced gameplay - and cater for as many tastes as possible :wink: ). This is one reason I left Abhay and Anya out of the list in my post for this thread.

Anyways ... Abhay and Anya are argumentative twins, and both are homosexual. Abhay is a 'feminine' (but tough) guy and Anya is a real tomboy (but not at all what might be called in less elevated circles, a 'bull dyke').

I've thought about this a lot and as has been mentioned earlier in the thread, there's a real risk of people taking the personality of each character and assuming I'm stereotyping an entire nationality or ethnicity. This is certainly not the case; on the other hand, I do want to create memorable characters whom are not rendered thoroughly anodyne by political correctness. I can't stress this enough ... all the characters in Roger Steel represent no one but themselves. They are obviously products of their cultures (as imaginatively, I hope, rendered by yours truly), and carry with them some of the assumptions and biases of their upbringings, but at the end of the day they stand for nothing and no one but themselves.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Sylrissa wrote:
ValHallen wrote:
There will be 4 romances for both Anna and Arthur so it's equal actually.
Thats not what I asked, there is 2 hetero option and 3 homo in the chart, so its not really equal
Im not complaining, just wanted to know
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Oops maybe shouldn't have posted that image :oops: going to take it down I think since could be confusing... I just wanted to give an idea, but sometimes is better wait for the writer to answer directly :lol: