Sneak Preview #22 – The company you keep ... Part 1

A steampunk RPG
Maelora
Woods ranger

Re: Sneak Preview #22 – The company you keep ... Part 1

Post by Maelora »

Really psyched for this one!

Steampunk is one of my favourite genres, and assuming it has the usual WW goodness and girly romances, I'll be in heaven! :)
FenCayne
Young scout

Post by FenCayne »

ValHallen wrote:can you tell us their ages?
Better late than never here!

At the moment, Neville's the oldest at 24; Ann and Christina are both 21 with Christina a month or two older; and Arthur 19 or 20. These ages are tentative and not directly referenced in the story. I might nudge them a year or two older, particularly Ann, Christina and Arthur. Any thoughts as players?
FenCayne
Young scout

Post by FenCayne »

biscuit wrote: My only quibble is that I hope you have the options to be joky/smartass with Ann as well... those tend to be my favorite dialogue paths! (Maybe I will even *shock* play as the male character first!)
I don't think I'll be able to resist giving Ann some sharp'n'sarky lines of her own, so hopefully you'll be happy, whoever you end up playing. But by all means play both! :) I hope they will be equally rewarding but different experiences, and it's nice to think that players will get full value from the game and my deathless prose. :lol:
FenCayne
Young scout

Post by FenCayne »

Maelora wrote:Really psyched for this one!

Steampunk is one of my favourite genres, and assuming it has the usual WW goodness and girly romances, I'll be in heaven! :)
I'm glad you and the others who've expressed interest so far are excited because that's really encouraging over the long development cycle. I'll try to live up to the high standards of my fellow scribes under Jack's illustrious direction. :)
ChaosMorning
Young scout

Post by ChaosMorning »

In addition, either sibling may be a keen archer, fencer, athlete, or martial artist, according to player choice
So, are these our potential classes? If so I suppose it does sound rather interesting - martial artist Ann and fencer Arthur already seem like good choices given their character descriptions - but will there be any 'magic' equivalent classes for healers and whatnot? Christina was described as a nurse, could that be another class?
FenCayne wrote:
ValHallen wrote:can you tell us their ages?
Better late than never here!

At the moment, Neville's the oldest at 24; Ann and Christina are both 21 with Christina a month or two older; and Arthur 19 or 20. These ages are tentative and not directly referenced in the story. I might nudge them a year or two older, particularly Ann, Christina and Arthur. Any thoughts as players?
I'd say leave Ann and Christina at twenty-one; it is a somewhat symbolic age - and I have to say I just love the potential for some foil character stuff between Ann and Christina.
As the youngest of the four, Arthur believes he is not taken seriously, not appreciating that this may be the result of him affecting not to treat anything around him seriously. Arthur secretly admires his sister's strength of will and determination and is somewhat in awe of her – a respect that he masks with a studied care-free attitude (in contrast to her own fierce focus) and a sarcastic wit that frequently gets him into trouble and is sometimes more wounding than he intends.
Now, Arthur, I actually really hope he stays at nineteen. I like the idea of having one of the potential protagonists still be in his teens, especially given the information we have on him now - the classic 'little brother with a twist' could make him a fascinating character. And besides, nineteen in the thirties was older than what nineteen is now.