Planet Stronghold 2 release!

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Planet Stronghold 2 release!

Post by jack1974 »

Ah lol really? I never noticed this. Are you sure isn't because there's some barrier? If there's a barrier (unpassable terrain) then only 1 square is uncovered. I'll take a look again tomorrow.
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

Spoiler:
Free the Farm quest

The Arnox Warchief requests the liberation of the farm from Apex Rahns. However, instead of fighting Apex Rahns, I'm fighting Arnoxs.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha lol! This was an hilarious bug :lol:
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I noticed that when enemies use the invisible ability, they cannot be targeted with normal attacks other than splash damage with heavy weapons. However, they still be targetted directly with grenades and single-target special attacks (Drunk Shot, Critical Hit, etc.). Is this intentional or a bug?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes is intentional, otherwise they'd be too strong. In my idea the special skills use psionic so they're able to target invisible units, and the grenades have splash damage ,etc. But in practice it's because otherwise an invisible enemy would be impossible to hit and it's too much.
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

Ok thanks

With changes made with Psionic Shield, it seems to only do fixed damage now, regardless of how much damage is inflicted. For example, I had Rumi cast Psionic Shield on Milo. Milo gets hit for 22 damage, but the shield reflects 15 damage. Considering the skill is maxed out it should have reflected back the full 22 damage instead.

In spite of what the description says, it seems Disarm status effect lasts a turn longer than what the description says. When maxed out, it will disable enemies for 6 turns instead of 5. Shock seems to be worse in every respect. The delay is longer, cost 3 times the PP, and status effect wears away if hit. Don't get me wrong, Shock is a useful skill, it's just Disarm is much better.

Critical Hit, starts with 35 delay and seems to decrease the delay by 5 with each successive level. However, there currently no benefit to increasing it to the 5th level, since the delay is still 20, like the 4th level. Max level should be 15 or lower levels need to be adjusted if that's too much.
Last edited by Jaeger on Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Whoops will check the issues you mention today.
About Shock vs Disarm: originally Disarm wasn't inflicting any damage, and I thought it was too weak so I added some (percentage based vs fixed by level of Shock). But from what you say, probably I need to reduce the damage a lot at least. Disarm wasn't intended as damaging/debuffing (like Shock) but more like debuffing only. There's also the issue that Paralyze now has almost same effect since you can use defensive skills, while when I started coding the game it wasn't working like that.
Anyway, need to do some tweaks for sure :)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

At low levels, Shock does indeed inflict greater damage. At max levels, Disarm can inflict as much if not more damage than Shock. Granted, it may also have to do with the fact that Michelle's base damage has increased after I maxed out Dual Wield and acquired her legendary weapon.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes must be because of that. I think Disarm needs a bit of nerfing! :twisted: :twisted:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Regarding Critical Hit, I see it differently here, starts at 40 and goes down to 20 ! I mean it's in the code so it shouldn't be possible that's wrong :shock:
Here I see 40-35-30-25-20!