development thread

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: development thread

Post by jack1974 »

Yes for now I'll leave as it is, since I need to do some more tests for defining the rules anyway :)

Meanwhile finished the remaining parts! Existing relationship screen:

and difficulty selection
lol difficulty selection with faces is the best :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Looks messy right now because I'm still in the process of updating the old fantasy GUI with the new sci-fi ones, but randomized items seems to work:
SOTW fans should be happy about this :mrgreen:
Also, I decided to use magazine size and reload speed in the end, since that would make the weapons behave differently. The only thing is that you don't manually reload them, they're reloaded automatically (maybe I'll add the option to do a manual reload). This way shouldn't be too much annoying. In any case since there are only 4 party member in the fight, the reload thing shouldn't be much of a bother I think.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The GUI is starting to look more sci-fi now and... wait who is he?!
TOM SHATZ IS BACK!!!!!!!! :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:
OneTrueBaldo
Young scout

Post by OneTrueBaldo »

Played the Imperial side in PS1 *ONLY*, and anxiously awaiting to terminate with extreme prejudice prince Cliff in a Boss Fight here :twisted: .

Loren 2 got separated in two different games, what about doing the same with PS2?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No need to separate PS2 in two games, Loren got this "treatment" because of the crazy big party size (basically two full team...lol!). In this one you control the same characters as the first with the addition of Damien/Milo (the new guy) and the retirement of Bellamy.
I know things won't be equal between male/females but on the other hand Lakadema is supposed to be neutral/no gender but definitely looks more female :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

added more polish and also displaying the weapon's damage type with a nice icon :)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I'm liking the hexagonal buttons.

In PS1, enemy damage resistance was balanced around the weapons you have available. Without the debuffs by psisonics, your weapon selection became more important. If weapons are randomized this time around, how are you going to ensure your party has the right weapons or least ways to get around enemy resistances? Are you able to switch weapons mid-combat or load alternative ammo?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I still need to make some tests, but differently from the first game you would never do 0 or even 1 damage, I'm going to use bigger numbers this time.
I'm basing everything on enemy levels, like every level up is +10 HP, and every weapon base damage is level*10, plus of course some randomization. It's all theory for now but I'll need to see in practice what happens while playing!
But switching weapons while in combat shouldn't be a problem in any case, should be already possible :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I also just remembered that I was planning to use deteriorating defenses similarly to what happens in Cursed Lands (as enemies lose HP their defenses go down as well), so if at start of fight an enemy has 50 defense vs energy, towards the end could be reduced to half by the hits. There will also probably be skills to ignore defenses, etc. It should work :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

See all my time slacking off-ahem doing research with Destiny 2 paid off! :mrgreen:
the inventory is much cleaner now and you can immediately see which are the best weapons. The value is a sort of overall power. It counts damage mainly since that's the main stat of the weapons, and does an average of the other important stats. I don't count magazine size and reload, since that's probably not so important as the other ones.

Now need to do the armors which will be tricker, since they have values for each damage type: Normal, AP, Energy, Explosive, Acid, Psionic. So the value displayed will probably be an average, since I don't think I'll manage to fit 5 numbers in the inventory...