1) Sorting weapons and armor. This is about both the armory and the crafting screen. Right now I get swamped with lots and lots of weapons, only a few of which make any sense at all. Most can either not be used by the specific char, or are vastly inferior. I would like to have buttons for
- removing items not useable by the char (only from the display, of course)
- not displaying vastly inferior items than what is worn. Slightly inferior items might make sense, like an armor which is weaker overall but stronger against psi - and the next fight is against psi-user. If not possible, than please give a possibility to turn junk into scrap (or just to throw them away. Some items only clutter the list) Edit just found out how to destroy things on PS1...
- not showing items to be crafted I cannot afford
- Sort the list by either cost in scrap, max damage per shot, overall damage, damage type etc.
2) I am not sure if the items to be crafted are randomly generated or have predefined values. Anyway, some of the cost values are not matching their performance, where a cheap armor easily outperforms an armor of double the cost. Maybe it would be possible in PS2 to make the cost for crafted items calculated like (weapon) Max damage * Fire rate * (f1 + crit% * f2 + damage type modifier) where f1 and f2 are factors to be determined during playtesting. The result might be rounded to 50, and/or get a little bit of randomness for flavor. That way the cost would feel more in line with the usefulness.
3) When I am deciding to take a weapon or armor, show the char's relevant stat (like energy weapons skill) while looking at the item. Maybe I am missing just a few points, in which case I go training and come back, or maybe I am missing 50 points which takes like forever to make.
Maybe I will add something to the thread if it occurs to me later. While not strictly necessary, the items on the list would make the game be smother.