classes

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
Elmsdor
Young scout

Re: classes

Post by Elmsdor »

How's things now Anima_?

Have you considered making the Scout instead a DPS class? Akin to a Sniper. High burst, low def/hp but good regeneration.

Where would the Regeneration come from? Enhanced Environmental Survival skills. I noticed how the auxiliary non combat skills actually increase survivalbility.

In Layments terms.

Soldiers is a strong average class with good sustained and/or burst potential.

Scout is massive burst potential and/or dodge/regeneration mini tank.

Guardian can be retarded burst damage and/or defender, aggro magnet.

The / signifies how the player wants to customize their character skills and traits.

What you reckon?

Cheers
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Remember that the sequel will feature more battle mechanics: while in the first game there was basically only the aggro, in this one there will be cover on/off, and the fortitude thing. So I think will be more complex than just saying "the scout is a DPS class". There aren't all the skill branches ready but I think you'll be able to customize quite a lot each class 8)
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

Regeneration will be rather rare. So that will definitely not be a main focus for a class.
My current idea is that scouts excell at punishing enemy mistakes. But I haven't worked out the details so far.
RPG Programmer for Winterwolves, currently working on: Amber's Magic Shop
Part-time emotionless AI
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Seems a good mechanics, I like it :)
daikiraikimi
Woods ranger

Post by daikiraikimi »

jack1974 wrote:Remember that the sequel will feature more battle mechanics: while in the first game there was basically only the aggro, in this one there will be cover on/off, and the fortitude thing. So I think will be more complex than just saying "the scout is a DPS class". There aren't all the skill branches ready but I think you'll be able to customize quite a lot each class 8)
Cover as in, you're hidden in trees or behind a rock? (OwO) If this is the case, is the game going to be very similar battle wise, and cover is determined by what kind of area you are fighting it? Or will it take on a different kind of organization where you will physically place where your characters are (and cover is determined by their position)? I am super curious!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

There will be an impact on the gameplay depending on the zone where it takes place (indoor, outside in a desert, in a jungle, etc), but as for the cover will be just a "stance", like the first game you cannot see the actual sprites of the characters on the battlefield but only the enemy ones. So you'll see the infobox with the characters portraits and then probably a text or a icon displaying their current stance.
daikiraikimi
Woods ranger

Post by daikiraikimi »

jack1974 wrote:There will be an impact on the gameplay depending on the zone where it takes place (indoor, outside in a desert, in a jungle, etc), but as for the cover will be just a "stance", like the first game you cannot see the actual sprites of the characters on the battlefield but only the enemy ones. So you'll see the infobox with the characters portraits and then probably a text or a icon displaying their current stance.
Cool! I'm looking forward to it. :D