Pack leader

Re: The romance graph!

Post by jack1974 »

At the Super Easy level the first game is not too hard to beat! :wink:
krisslanza
Young scout

Post by krisslanza »

jack1974 wrote:At the Super Easy level the first game is not too hard to beat! :wink:
Well true, but still! :lol:
Elmsdor
Young scout

Post by Elmsdor »

I used to be a supporting of being able to import your status from your previous game. It was why I spent 143 hours on PS1, perfecting a save file before the Faction Split, then for each run after, to maximise the gains to stats.

But after having replayed many sequel games as well as continuum games such as Suikoden (which is a 11 year saga) and Dawn of War (RPG RTS) , I have to say only a few things should be able to follow.

1. Artifacts that are attainable in sequels and only prequels, few may follow over. Terminator Armor is impossible to attain in sequels and only available in the first trilogy.

2. Former Hero/Lords, and they will only appear late and NEVER romanceable. They are the former avatars of the players, loyalty given for the player. The current Suikoden series allows you to bring the first hero you ever played on the PSX1, 11 years ago, so long as he was imported each issue and LIVED.

3. Romances are reset. Gives the player a new onus and storyline to play again. Sure, there may be some established friendships but let's give the player the option to relive the hunt, the chase, and the writers far more time to write new content. Like Loren 2. I MEAN PLANET STRONGHOLD 2.

In Summary. No need to pick your old flame. Light a new one again ;)

What you all think?

Cheers
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

We already started writing/planning it and will let the player choose, is too late to change it now :lol:
As for the items in this specific case wouldn't make much sense since the sequel RPG framework will be much different from the first, so the item stats wouldn't even match the new ones.
Maelora
Woods ranger

Post by Maelora »

Aww, so disappointed!

Lisa gets so little lady love :(

I loved this game, absolutely loved it, but it bothered me to get Michelle instead of Rumi or Rebecca or someone I was actually attracted to.

I really didn't want the girly, keeps-talking-about-her-boyfriend ditz as my girlfriend :(

That said, maybe the new look with the specs will improve her.

And I will certainly give the Hot Alien Chick a chance. PS1 missed a trick I think in not having something like the Asari.
krisslanza
Young scout

Post by krisslanza »

I have to admit from what I played of the demo, Michelle being the female romance option for Lisa was kind of surprising. It would've been nice if Rumi or Rebecca, but I think PS wasn't meant to be as much about romance perhaps as say, Loren, so that may have had a part to play in all of it...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I could imagine Rumi being bisex or even lesbian but Rebecca, no :)
(just talking about the characters, I've no plans to change the romances now)
Hopefully in PS2 Michelle will be more likeable. Her romance CG is very nice I think, though my favorite is the one with Lakadema because you can see Lisa's b-side 8)
krisslanza
Young scout

Post by krisslanza »

jack1974 wrote:I could imagine Rumi being bisex or even lesbian but Rebecca, no :)
Hopefully in PS2 Michelle will be more likeable. Her romance CG is very nice I think, though my favorite is the one with Lakadema because you can see Lisa's b-side 8)
Well I wouldn't say Michelle isn't "unlikable" from the demo, it's just surprising she's the yuri option given she talks about a boyfriend. Just one of those things that makes me go "Huh, really she's the yuri route?"
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

krisslanza wrote:
jack1974 wrote:I could imagine Rumi being bisex or even lesbian but Rebecca, no :)
Well I wouldn't say Michelle isn't "unlikable" from the demo, it's just surprising she's the yuri option given she talks about a boyfriend. Just one of those things that makes me go "Huh, really she's the yuri route?"
Before I learnt who was, I thought Rumi would of been the Yuri option personally.
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

I can easily see both Rumi and Michelle as bi, but not Rebecca.