Planet Stronghold 2 ruleset

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
jack1974
Pack leader

Planet Stronghold 2 ruleset

Post by jack1974 »

I just sent an OpenOffice document to the coder with some initial ruleset ideas for PS2, the items:
as you see the game is going to BE JUST AWESOME. That is, if the coder doesn't kill me :mrgreen: if you have any ideas about extra item parameters, or something that could be changed, speak now!
mareany
Young scout

Re: Planet Stronghold 2 ruleset

Post by mareany »

Hi, i have some ideas for you. About the crafting thing, are you able to make it so that we can create items/armors/weps? Like if you have 10 craft you can make a mp or hp potion, when u have more you can create other items and so on.
Also do you think you can make armor+wep sets that gives a bonus for the class, like if you are a guardian you get bonus accuary , if you are a scout you get bonus armor, if you are a psionic you get bonus in the psionics skills and if you are a soldier u get more bonus armor.
And about the damage type if you can add counters. For example if you attack with fire the counter will be ice.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that's how crafting is supposed to work. Since I want to use crafting also in another non-RPG game (Amber Magic Shop) I think will be able to reuse that code in future RPGs. Maybe in RPG will be simplified since there are other gameplay elements. The other ideas are good too and we'll try to include them )
mareany
Young scout

Post by mareany »

Glad to hear that :) I guess all i can do now is wait for the game to be released and play it :mrgreen:
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Just a question about the crafting. Will crafting an item be on par with current available equipment that is available at the character's current level, or will it fall behind what is dropped. Or will it be possible to craft something beyond the character's level that they can use later?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well everything is still on VERY EARLY design stage but I definitely want crafted items that are superior (or at least equal) to the most powerful ones the enemies drop. Obviously will require a good crafting skill and rare components :)
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Happy to hear that, means that it will not have that tacked on feel then and that crafting is an actual skill worth investing time with then, I totally approve of this XD (lol like you need my approval for your game XD) and look forward to seeing this feature in the game itself.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I know what you mean, I played some MMOs when I was younger (10-15 years ago...eh time flies) and either:
- the crafted items sucked badly no matter what you did, you could get better "drop items" from raids, etc
- the crafted items were powerful but required 150h long quests to gather all the ingredients/components needed
so I want to make something more balanced :)
wildcard
Young scout

Post by wildcard »

CRAFTING!
<3
It makes me remember fondly of the times I played MMO and my friends, who had way too much time on their hands, were 5 level or more ahead of me, but I had the better equipment cause of me crafting and improving stuff XD I took better weapons in exchange for pimping up armor ;P

*________*
I hope the granates can also make status changes -> blind, -> paralyzed, -> slow and not only damage.
And I see no close combat weapons?
Saber swords and staffs for example... Or awesome monophilament whips that can cut through pretty much everything >:9
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Nah I don't think we'll have close combat. It's too "star wars". Unless you're a jedi I see no points in using a melee weapon :mrgreen: Jokes apart might work if there was a 2d/isometric map so you could take advantage of cover and corners, but since there won't be... I don't see much use for melee weapons for the players (suicidal enemies can have them of course).
I think there's already a big variety of weapons anyway.