Joshua Romance sneak peek (Planet Stronghold 2)

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
User avatar
ChaosMorning
Young scout
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: Joshua Romance sneak peek (Planet Stronghold 2)

Post by ChaosMorning » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:27 pm

Oh wow, the new romance teasers look really good! The artist seems to have really improved since the original Planet Stronghold.

And as an aside, Prince Cliff could just have a consort who would act as a birth mother for his child. Probably wouldn't even need to become Queen. I mean, even now there are surrogate mothers, and speaking politically I see no reason that Cliff couldn't have Joshua become his partner regardless, gender probably isn't going to be as much a problem as social class and given his status as a war hero Joshua might still be a fine candidate.

User avatar
ValHallen
Druid
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:56 am

Re: Joshua Romance sneak peek (Planet Stronghold 2)

Post by ValHallen » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:32 pm

ChaosMorning wrote:Oh wow, the new romance teasers look really good! The artist seems to have really improved since the original Planet Stronghold.

And as an aside, Prince Cliff could just have a consort who would act as a birth mother for his child. Probably wouldn't even need to become Queen. I mean, even now there are surrogate mothers, and speaking politically I see no reason that Cliff couldn't have Joshua become his partner regardless, gender probably isn't going to be as much a problem as social class and given his status as a war hero Joshua might still be a fine candidate.
why he would need a consort? just pay someone to be surrogate mother like elton john did, no need for consorts or sci fi technology

i have a question about cliff. In the Empire path he was incarcerated (and probably disinherited), but what happens to him in the rebellion path? does he still with a claim to the empire throne even after "betraying" his father?
Last edited by ValHallen on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ChaosMorning
Young scout
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: Joshua Romance sneak peek (Planet Stronghold 2)

Post by ChaosMorning » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:37 pm

It would be an alternative idea if Planet Stronghold lore required Cliff being married to the birth mother or something. I mean, in that situation Joshua might become Cliff's concubine instead.
I did mention surrogate mothers in my post, so it is a perfectly good idea too.

Foelhe
Young scout
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:23 pm

Re: Joshua Romance sneak peek (Planet Stronghold 2)

Post by Foelhe » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:45 pm

ChaosMorning wrote:It would be an alternative idea if Planet Stronghold lore required Cliff being married to the birth mother or something. I mean, in that situation Joshua might become Cliff's concubine instead.
I did mention surrogate mothers in my post, so it is a perfectly good idea too.
:lol:

I think consort might be a little more likely than concubine. Though that would be a pretty unexpected plot twist.

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 13491
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Joshua Romance sneak peek (Planet Stronghold 2)

Post by jack1974 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:59 am

ValHallen wrote: i have a question about cliff. In the Empire path he was incarcerated (and probably disinherited), but what happens to him in the rebellion path? does he still with a claim to the empire throne even after "betraying" his father?
Well the game starts like the first one ended, with both Cliff and Shiler as leader of the new "govern". I don't want to put too many spoilers but I'll only say that it's not a situation that's going to last for long :lol:
Also as you can imagine, since there's the romance option, you should be able to free Cliff from the prison somehow, otherwise you couldn't get his romance ending playing as Joshua loyal to the Empire. We're still working on the details but don't want to exclude any romance possibility because of plot or previous/starting situation :)

User avatar
ValHallen
Druid
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:56 am

Re: Joshua Romance sneak peek (Planet Stronghold 2)

Post by ValHallen » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:11 pm

jack1974 wrote: Well the game starts like the first one ended, with both Cliff and Shiler as leader of the new "govern". I don't want to put too many spoilers but I'll only say that it's not a situation that's going to last for long :lol:
Also as you can imagine, since there's the romance option, you should be able to free Cliff from the prison somehow, otherwise you couldn't get his romance ending playing as Joshua loyal to the Empire. We're still working on the details but don't want to exclude any romance possibility because of plot or previous/starting situation :)
i havent played the rebel path, so i didnt knew what happened

i have suggestion on how to introduce cliff in the empire path: it would be needed to change king oscar( make him a competent leader who is worried about earth, its citizens and his son, but he would still be a human supremacist and racist). he would give joshua a mission to convince cliff to change sides, saying that Earth will need the prince help to placate the maradaa or the planet would die withouth the new resource
with this you give the player a real reason to free Cliff and make the Empire more grey

P_Tigras
Druid
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:58 pm

Re: Joshua Romance sneak peek (Planet Stronghold 2)

Post by P_Tigras » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:26 pm

Hmmm...it doesn't look like Shiler's tailbone is part of her tail. For animals with tails, they're an extension of the spine, not a fork. This makes the tail structurally more sound than it would be if it were a fork. I suppose most people won't notice or care. My eye for detail finds it odd however.

P_Tigras
Druid
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:58 pm

Re: Joshua Romance sneak peek (Planet Stronghold 2)

Post by P_Tigras » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:41 am

Laka is adorable with "her" large eyes. Given her combination of human and animal-like qualities, I can't decide if I want to kiss her or put a collar on her and pet her, maybe both in a reverse chambara-elenor sort of relationship. :lol: If "she" has visible man parts however, that would be a deal-breaker for me personally as far as a romance is concerned, as I'm not into those sorts of "extras". I wonder how others feel.

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 13491
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Joshua Romance sneak peek (Planet Stronghold 2)

Post by jack1974 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:09 am

Haha well actually there's an image with a collar :lol: (some kind of futuristic one). Won't say much more because is a spoiler.
And no she has no visible male parts in the romances, that's why we counted it towards the females as romance, since we could say that is "75% female and 25% male" (a horrible way to say it but well I can't find a better way with my English sorry).

P_Tigras
Druid
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:58 pm

Re: Joshua Romance sneak peek (Planet Stronghold 2)

Post by P_Tigras » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:47 am

jack1974 wrote:Haha well actually there's an image with a collar :lol: (some kind of futuristic one). Won't say much more because is a spoiler.
I hope it's a cute collar, maybe studded with emeralds to match her eyes. :mrgreen:
And no she has no visible male parts in the romances, that's why we counted it towards the females as romance, since we could say that is "75% female and 25% male" (a horrible way to say it but well I can't find a better way with my English sorry).
Cool! But I have to ask, if she has no visible male parts, then what's the 25% her of that is male? :?:

Post Reply