Planet Stronghold: Warzone dev thread

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
Post Reply
User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 13299
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Planet Stronghold: Warzone dev thread

Post by jack1974 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:39 am

Thought to make an official thread about the sequel to separate from the main game (don't want to start yet another subforum just for that!).
I'll start with an interesting news: I'm thinking if to have 2 more CGs in PS:Warzone since it's now a full-sequel game... What about Joshua/Lucille and Lisa/Jacob? If I remember correctly many people asked about this. Lol, in the sequel Joshua never deals with a "normal" woman (an alien and an android!).

User avatar
pysali
Young scout
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Planet Stronghold: Warzone dev thread

Post by pysali » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:41 am

You are remembering correctly. You got both requested on Hanako's forums. I know I did the requesting for Joshua/Lucille (as did a couple of other people) and seconded the Lisa/Jacob request from another user. Lucille because she really struck a chord with me in the first game with both her personal dialogs and also how everyone but Nelson dismisses her as a mere robot and I sincerely wanted her to be a romance option there and Jacob because a) he's yummy and b) his backstory makes him fascinating as a romance option c) being a romance option could mean both more backstory/desire to learn more about his ancestry (don't want to get too spoilery here).

BTW if you're counting individual votes I was both the woman on Hanako's forums and I'm the vocal person on twitter (carnivalhound). It's hard to get my normal nickname places, but I don't want it to appear that I'm using 'sockpuppets' to make the Lucille/Joshua love more appealing.

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 13299
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Planet Stronghold: Warzone dev thread

Post by jack1974 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:56 am

Haha no problems about your nicknames. And as you might know I made Bionic Heart so I'm a fan of robot love too :lol: I think is quite interesting to see/different enough from the standard romance plots.
Asked artist today (she just finished Lisa/Cliff and is awesome CG as always) and she is ok doing more CGs. At this point I *might* even do 6 like the original game, thought don't want to promise too much! But 4 are very likely to happen.

SpectralTime
Woods ranger
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:26 pm

Re: Planet Stronghold: Warzone dev thread

Post by SpectralTime » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:00 am

I'm actually okay with that, seeing as how I'm a xenophile, just so long as we've got a chance to get rewarded for sticking to our love interests from the first game in some way.

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 13299
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Planet Stronghold: Warzone dev thread

Post by jack1974 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:16 am

I was thinking that you get some character skill bonus? or you meant story-wise only?

SpectralTime
Woods ranger
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:26 pm

Re: Planet Stronghold: Warzone dev thread

Post by SpectralTime » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:47 pm

Both, really.

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 13299
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Planet Stronghold: Warzone dev thread

Post by jack1974 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:04 pm

Well that can be done :) I have some ideas in mind for that!

User avatar
pysali
Young scout
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Planet Stronghold: Warzone dev thread

Post by pysali » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:47 pm

If by some miracle six new romances can happen it'd be exciting if the last two were by new characters that are original to the sequel just so that there's a sense of mystery and freshness to them. However if only four can happen I'd be over the moon. Otherwise Philip. That way we can all pick our jaws off the ground and try to figure out why in the world Lisa would finally cave to him and his ridiculousness. And I'm pretty sure Joshua can give Queen Sophia the love she's been missing all these years. I'm just sayin'. ;p <.< No seriously, I'm excited for Queen Shiler and would love Lucille and/or Jacob. Prince Cliff...well I really liked him as a powerful gay man so I'm not that interested with him for Lisa though I thought I'd read elsewhere that you said 'it's not as it appears' so I'm okay with an interesting character evil twin/vat clone/alien in disguise/other soap opera twist for Cliff/Lisa.

I also like the idea of being rewarded with a small bonus for sticking with the same romance across both games. Many of the original endings hinted at what happens to the characters post game so I'd be curious to see how that's incorporated and handled in Warzone. It also takes place several years later correct? So it's also easy to see Nelson either standing by their partner or moving on, makes it more realistic and less, wait, wasn't this six months ago? Like in some games.

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 13299
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Planet Stronghold: Warzone dev thread

Post by jack1974 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:19 pm

pysali wrote:If by some miracle six new romances can happen it'd be exciting if the last two were by new characters that are original to the sequel just so that there's a sense of mystery and freshness to them. However if only four can happen I'd be over the moon.
Well I'd like to introduce new characters indeed, so... while I'm not 100% sure about six, four is very likely.
pysali wrote:Otherwise Philip. That way we can all pick our jaws off the ground and try to figure out why in the world Lisa would finally cave to him and his ridiculousness. And I'm pretty sure Joshua can give Queen Sophia the love she's been missing all these years. I'm just sayin'. ;p <.< No seriously, I'm excited for Queen Shiler and would love Lucille and/or Jacob. Prince Cliff...well I really liked him as a powerful gay man so I'm not that interested with him for Lisa though I thought I'd read elsewhere that you said 'it's not as it appears' so I'm okay with an interesting character evil twin/vat clone/alien in disguise/other soap opera twist for Cliff/Lisa.
Haha Philip in the sequel is even more nasty than ever... so it's not likely. And I agree about Shiler/Joshua :D "Cliff" character will be a surprise in the sequel...
pysali wrote:I also like the idea of being rewarded with a small bonus for sticking with the same romance across both games. Many of the original endings hinted at what happens to the characters post game so I'd be curious to see how that's incorporated and handled in Warzone. It also takes place several years later correct? So it's also easy to see Nelson either standing by their partner or moving on, makes it more realistic and less, wait, wasn't this six months ago? Like in some games.
Yes several years passes, haven't made my mind but defintely something like 4-5 years. Enough for a relationship to break up :mrgreen: Especially if one day you find your girlfriend Rumi with this new hairstyle:
Image

User avatar
pysali
Young scout
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Planet Stronghold: Warzone dev thread

Post by pysali » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:35 pm

That hairstyle is both ridiculous and adorable at the same time. :D I love Rumi though so I'm excited to have my Joshua/Rumi love continue in the sequel.

And what are you talking about more nasty?! Isn't that like catnip for the ladies according to the internet? Philipp is a fixer-upper! (I'm kidding, seriously, I kind of love how over-the-top Philipp is BECAUSE he isn't a romance character, don't ever change that). There are just no other characters left for an example besides Bellamy (who I could never picture breaking up with his wife unless it was tragically), King Oscar, Queen Sophia, Lucille and Jacob. Since Shiler is a confirmed romance. And I guess some of the aliens. Ohh some sexy amorphous blobs with vague head shapes. Now there's some sexy right there...oh wait, no.

So will there be a 'true canon' ending then or will you be trying to offer both as starting options? That seems like it would be a lot of work to incorporate, though appreciated.

Post Reply